PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
The problem, IMO, with fluid based lighters is that you can taste them while lighting.

If you want a nice fluid lighter I'd recommend you track down a Tsubota Pearl. It's essentially a Kiribi Kenshi but it uses fluid instead of gas (butane).

If you want to save even more money then just get a Zippo.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The problem, IMO, with fluid based lighters is that you can taste them while lighting.

If you want a nice fluid lighter I'd recommend you track down a Tsubota Pearl. It's essentially a Kiribi Kenshi but it uses fluid instead of gas (butane).

If you want to save even more money then just get a Zippo.
not if you let the excess fumes burn off. Which is easy to do. It takes a second or two. So don't strike the lighter right next to the pipe keep like an inch or two away before bringing it in. Seriously only time I get that flavor with my zippo is if the wind is so bad I have to strike the lighter right above the bowl and the thing is it is only gross for a second or two before the nasty is gone.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Looks cool. It reminds me somewhat of a USA-made monoblock petrol lighter patterned after a zippo, but I can't remember the name of the company, & can't find it on google now. It probably wouldn't be as good for pipes compared to what you posted, but it was well-made & cool to look at.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Interesting design, that's for sure.

knnox_lighter_1.jpg

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.