PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Mmmmm Tawny Port, look up close tolerance engine. You should be covered also you should get approx. 100,000 miles it of that belt. Sounds like it was there fault.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Sorry, hope you can have them warranty it. You might need something harder than the port you are currently enjoying .

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Sorry to hear about your troubles, brother! Hopefully your warranty will take care of it for you, although it doesn't make up for the hassle of it all. When things look down they'll soon turn around. Kharma will be at your side soon again my friend.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
Being an interference engine has nothing to do with it's tolerances. The term "interference" means that if the valves and pistons are not correct in their timing, there is no cutout in the pistons to keep them from crashing together. When they crash it generally means you need all new valves and piston heads at the very least, sometimes more.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
i suggest you switch to glenfiditch 18 yo and escudo.... that is what i use when i get a shit sandwitch...

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Not sure yet. Trying to get in touch with shop that did the rebuild. Work has kept me so busy so it will be monday when I can get it towed to them.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
I gotta ask, where in Jax did your Isuzu go kaput? Even though I'm in Alaska, I have a fair knowledge of the Jacksonville area.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
Ah, not a bad area.
Years ago, I worked on a job at the university hospital annex (8th ave?). Someone was sent out every hour to make sure our trucks were still there. Once, some thieves busted open all the work boxes and stole all of the tools and hardware out of a truck. And this happened before lunch with rent-a-cops patrolling the lot. Maybe they were preoccupied by all of the shooting victims shoved out of cars at the main entrance.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well my Isuzu will be out of the shop around the 1st. Warantee didn't cover the fluids or gaskets. So out of pocket I have to pay around $300 for the second rebuild on the motor. I need to find a timing belt cover since it is missing. Any motor heads have conections on getting one? Its a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo 2.2l 4cyl. the dealer wants $300 for it and I know its chaper some where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.