PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
I don't know what's going on with my palate. I cannot stand Virginia as much as I tried. I've grown tired of most Balkan blends. I still enjoy saseini tho. I don't even like Pease Oddysey but everything about key largo ticks the boxes. I can buy a new pipe with no break in and enjoy key largo like it was my favorite pipe. I just fear the day I grow tired of it if it's possible lol.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I don't know what's going on with my palate. I cannot stand Virginia as much as I tried. I've grown tired of most Balkan blends. I still enjoy saseini tho. I don't even like Pease Oddysey but everything about key largo ticks the boxes. I can buy a new pipe with no break in and enjoy key largo like it was my favorite pipe. I just fear the day I grow tired of it if it's possible lol.
Virginias are tricky. Many are super subtle until you’re used to the fact that they don’t punch you I the face like a lot of Latakia blends do. A few blends come to mind - some without Latakia but with a super full mouthfeel and plenty of flavor.

Black Frigate, Navigator, Jackknife plug or RR, SPC Plum Pudding, Dreams of Kadath, Epiphany

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Virginias are tricky. Many are super subtle until you’re used to the fact that they don’t punch you I the face like a lot of Latakia blends do. A few blends come to mind - some without Latakia but with a super full mouthfeel and plenty of flavor.

Black Frigate, Navigator, Jackknife plug or RR, SPC Plum Pudding, Dreams of Kadath, Epiphany
All of those are amazing. Well, I haven't tried epiphany. I need to regrow my pease collection. Im dman near out

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania

I had high hopes for plum pudding. I smoked the first bowl of it 2 years ago in a meerschaum. It was absolutely amazing then reality set in and it became bland lol. Like I said I think it's me.

Reactions: ofafeather

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have yet to pop my tin of Key Largo, but a blend with cigar leaf that I have enjoyed over repeated orders is C&D Billy Budd, if you like burley and cigar leaf. It's available in bulk too.
Key Largo is quite possible my most bought tobacco. It's really just great. Even when I smoke it several times a day it continues to wow me. Get on it is what I am saying.