Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is Friday night, June 22, 2012 at the Kansas City Pipe Show.
kevin-greg-tad.jpg

Kevin Godbee, Greg Pease, & Tad Gage

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Handsome group of guys there........Hope you're having a good time.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Man, I wish I was there !

It is nice the photographer lined you guys up according to how much chest you're showing off.

From Kevin "I'm sexy and I know it" Godbee, right through to Tad "Proper" Gage. :D

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Actually, and I'm totally serious, I was smoking 40-year old Dunhill Virginia Ready Rubbed, and Greg was smoking a similar vintage Dunhill Standard Mixture. Next, I smoked 30-year old Edgeworth.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Kevin, how does 40 year old tobacco taste? Does it get better with that kind of age or does it loose something? I have smoked 30 plus year old cigars and they definitely loose something. I have to wait another 28 years before my Dunhill stash gets that old and I'll probably be dead before that happens. lol

Jul 15, 2011
Next, I smoked 30-year old Edgeworth.
They dont even make this anymore, and you got to smoke some that is 30 years old?! Kevin, I feel like we can't be friends anymore. :mrgreen:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@cigrmaster

Kevin, how does 40 year old tobacco taste? Does it get better with that kind of age or does it loose something?
It was like smoking candy. Generally speaking, Virginias age well, getting sweeter, rounder, and fruity. The Edgeworth, if I overheard Greg Pease correctly, is basically Burley and Molasses - and it was amazing. These were free samples put out by the club as shown below. I smoked the Three Nuns too, and it was indescribably delicious.
vintage-tobaccos.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.