PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I always have 4-6 pipes, a mix of cobs and briars in my truck. I mostly haven't had any problems but I once accidentally left a brebbia lovat with vulcanite stem on my dash on a hot day and it developed a custom bend from getting so hot. The acrylic stemmed pipes have been fine but I'd be careful with vulcanite stemmed pipes.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I've kept pipes in my truck console for years. In Ohio, in Texas, Louisiana, California and even Arizona. I've never had a problem with keeping a pipe in a vehicle. Tobacco however, is another matter, as it is more susceptible to temperature fluctuations if not stored properly.

lukifer

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2022
Minnesota, US
I live in Minnesota. I keep pipes in my car. In the summer, tins will heat up, pop the seal causing tobacco to dry out, so keep minimal tobacco in the car and/or find a way to secure the lid. Not a problem with screw top lids, biggest problem with c&d style cans, I slide a zip tie on my square tins to hold em shut.

I try to let my pipes rest and dry for about 24hrs after smoking them to keep em smoking nice, in the summer when it is hot and humid they need ~36-48hrs.

But one winter morning I got in the car to go to work, started it, packed a pipe and lit it with a match to try and warm up. A few minutes later I noticed the acrylic stem had cracked. So in the winter, be careful with your lighting. And let your pipes warm up a bit, I just hold them in my hand until they're not quite so cold and blow through them a bit.

Reactions: Michigan_Bill