PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I was fortunate to receive a number of samples last Saturday and I'm slowly working my way through them.
Most days, I prefer English blends and DH Nightcap is the yardmark I measure against. Maybe that's unfair because Nightcap, to many, is stouter than a garlic milkshake but it is my very favorite smoke.
The first blend I tried was Smoking Pipes Low Country Black and I was blown away. It was soft, smokey and full of butter and there was a sweetness that I'm guessing was courtesy of the Virginias. In their product description I'm a little annyed that I had to reach for the dictionary to find the definition of the word, "adumbral." They just as easily could've said dark, dreary, shaded, etc. Still and all, this is one great smoke if you like a medium level English blend.
Smoke number two was the new Smoker Fireside Pipe Tobacco. It was a lightweight bout after going a few rounds with Low Country Black. It's much heavier on the Orientals and my overall impression was a "meh." It finished light and burned as cool as can be. However, it wasn't for me. Oriental lovers might love this smoke, but I want my Latakia more in the forefront and not used as a ketchup/mustard like condiment.
Blend number three is The Smoker Woodsman Pipe Tobacco and I'm under pretty solid footing here. This is wonderful campfire goodness and the Perique kicks in with a nice little zing that lets you know "I'm here." More importantly, if the world ended tomorrow: Revelations based or Zombie induced - and this blend was smoldering in my burner I'd go to ground a pretty happy camper.
Cheers,
Fnord

Jul 15, 2011
Id really like to get some of that Woodsman blend from "The Smoker" but Id like to wait until P&C clears up the rough patch they have hit with their recent move.
English blends get a pretty good amount of action in my rotation. If you like Nightcap and are looking for that really "full", heavy smoky taste, you should try some F&K Lancers Slices, Dan Tobaccos Bill Baileys Balkan Blend, and some Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding. The Plum Pudding has some complexities that blow my mind and I still cant pick out all the different flavors, and Bill Baileys Balkan Blend and Lancers Slices are available in bulk for dirt cheap.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I have a tin of The Smoker Black Noble. I have so many other open tins to get through before this one comes up hopefully its as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.