Detroit
Enablers! puffy
NewPipes7-1-20053.JPG

Just ordered this Fine Line from wvsmokeshop

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Only Kaywoodie that I have so far is a recent purchase and I've only got one bowl through it so far! But it smokes well and I will be purchasing more of them. Thanks for posting about the wvsmokeshop guys. Never knew about its existance. Great part of being in this group is the vast wealth of knowledge accumulated by the members!
Anyhow, my Kaywoodie is a Berkshire 4 panel large square shank with saddle bit!Kaywoodie.jpg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Over the last few years I've seen the newer Kaywoodies on the Interwebs, but I just never took much interest.

Now nobody seems to have much stock. Out of curiosity, I ordered one the other day, only to be told the pipe that was shown in stock wasn't in stock, and what was left there didn't really appeal to me...

A decent quality pipe in the $40-50 range is nice. I have several Morgan Bones pipes that I like and they are of good quality.

But then again I need another pipe like I need a hole in my head...

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Over the last few years I've seen the newer Kaywoodies on the Interwebs, but I just never took much interest.

Now nobody seems to have much stock. Out of curiosity, I ordered one the other day, only to be told the pipe that was shown in stock wasn't in stock, and what was left there didn't really appeal to me...

A decent quality pipe in the $40-50 range is nice. I have several Morgan Bones pipes that I like and they are of good quality.

But then again I need another pipe like I need a hole in my head...
I'm sorry about that. It happened due to my travel to the Columbus Pipe Show. First time something like that happened and I felt awful.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just took delivery of a Kaywoodie Saxon four-square panel billiard with a pleasing blast finish and saddle stem, that smokes with the pleasing smoothness of my other Kaywoodie pipes. No kidding, sometimes you just have to know a good thing when you see it. The post office thought the pipe should see a little of the world, so it got it as far as Raleigh and then sent it back to Greensboro for another little trip, but it was only a day late. This is the second time it has happened, the fortunes of war. It built the suspense. I broke it in with a bowl of Match Elizabethan, and the pipe smoked like an old favorite.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
After a rough weekend where I dropped and broke my favorite smoker I decided to start my week off right and went ahead and ordered two Kaywoodies from Greywoodie just now.

- Kaywoodie Connoisseur Billiard Taper Pipe
- Kaywoodie Red-Root Large Apple pipe

I'm entering unexplored territory with Kaywoodie pipes and look forward to reporting back to the group!

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I received the Kaywoodie Super Grain Billiard I ordered the other day.

The fit and finish are excellent. It exhibits some areas of straight grain on the bowl and there are no fills. It compares to older super grains I own from the 1930’s.

The stamping on the shank is deep and bold, not messed up. I wish Peterson would stamp their pipes deep and bold, recently they seem to just lightly stamp their pipes.

The chamber appears to be a parabolic cut, narrowing towards the bottom. The draft opens almost parallel to the sides of the chamber just above the floor of the bowl. I had some concerns about that. The draft hole in the shank mortise is off center, but passes a pipe cleaner. The draft is not coaxial to the mortise, and angles upward and to the right. There is some tear out on the end of the shank and bevel cuts. The wnd

I loaded up a bowl of Granger. It was on the moist side so required several relights. The pipe smoked all the way to bottom.

Overall, a fine pipe. Great value for the price.

573B7060-53F9-4AB4-B82C-A60FBBEB8B95.jpegEA2EE95A-63DB-4CA8-9F6E-BA2ABA19B336.jpeg7F0BC637-1D4B-4789-8FBE-6C78DA5D207B.jpeg1B8D4424-E144-4953-AF97-7ECB3C148B08.jpeg7949C57C-4CB0-4563-85E1-AD15C7746F5D.jpegE7E65C1C-1756-41B3-B03B-5D130E46869E.jpeg106FB38F-245C-421F-B0E2-BD627B5A6E82.jpeg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Thank you for sharing. Min
I received the Kaywoodie Super Grain Billiard I ordered the other day.

The fit and finish are excellent. It exhibits some areas of straight grain on the bowl and there are no fills. It compares to older super grains I own from the 1930’s.

The stamping on the shank is deep and bold, not messed up. I wish Peterson would stamp their pipes deep and bold, recently they seem to just lightly stamp their pipes.

The chamber appears to be a parabolic cut, narrowing towards the bottom. The draft opens almost parallel to the sides of the chamber just above the floor of the bowl. I had some concerns about that. The draft hole in the shank mortise is off center, but passes a pipe cleaner. The draft is not coaxial to the mortise, and angles upward and to the right. There is some tear out on the end of the shank and bevel cuts. The wnd

I loaded up a bowl of Granger. It was on the moist side so required several relights. The pipe smoked all the way to bottom.

Overall, a fine pipe. Great value for the price.

View attachment 94304View attachment 94305View attachment 94306View attachment 94307View attachment 94308View attachment 94309View attachment 94310
Thank you for sharing. Mine should be here any day now.

McCrea

Lurker
Oct 15, 2021
I don't produce them, I carry them. I am friends with Bill, President and fourth generation pipe maker. His current author production includes this shape, but I can talk to him about something closer to 13B. Authors
I just ordered one of these from WV smoke shop. I just checked out your site after. I saw the unique and handmade stuff is pretty cool. What are the different quality levels? I’m looking for something unique but standard shapes, like an apple billiard or author in flame grain or birdseye.