PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I picked up another vintage Kaywoodie. Nathan Davis commented on the Kaywoodie Facebook page that the pipe was made from the early 1940's to 1955 (thanks Nathan!)

The seller didn't show stinger pictures and it went cheap enough that I didn't care, but I was pleased to find the 4-hole "Drinkless" stinger intact.

Full pix here:

Before:

Kaywoodie_Supergrain_Handmade_Before (1).jpg

Finished:

Kaywoodie_Supergrain_Handmade_FIN (1).jpgKaywoodie_Supergrain_Handmade_FIN (2).jpgKaywoodie_Supergrain_Handmade_FIN (5).jpg

1715341340884.png
Kaywoodie_Supergrain_Handmade_FIN (8).jpgKaywoodie_Supergrain_Handmade_FIN (11).jpg

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
I picked up another vintage Kaywoodie. Nathan Davis commented on the Kaywoodie Facebook page that the pipe was made from the early 1940's to 1955 (thanks Nathan!)

The seller didn't show stinger pictures and it went cheap enough that I didn't care, but I was pleased to find the 4-hole "Drinkless" stinger intact.
What a great piece! Dignified and distinguished. It looks like it fought in 'Nam.

Reactions: kcghost

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
Beautiful restoration, those Handmade’s can be rough, it sure seems like a lot of people really loved those pipes the way they were often smoked.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Beautiful restoration, those Handmade’s can be rough, it sure seems like a lot of people really loved those pipes the way they were often smoked.
At $10 in 1955, these were a little pricier than the average drugstore pipe of the time, but they must have been valued and most are smoked to death. This one was a pretty simple restoration (more of a clean up).

After the thick cake was removed, the bowl is in like new condition. And, not over-clocked, also unusual.

Reactions: MattRVA