PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Seems I fell into a very old Kaywoodie in this latest batch of estates. Marked with the Kaywoodie arched over the KB&B Clover leaf on the shank. aluminum tube condenser instead of the drinkless set up and an unmarked stem that looks from it's fit to be original. I will see if I can get decent pictures tomorrow.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
That sounds like one of the pipes Kaywoodie produced during, I think, the 50s. The condenser was specially designed to trap nicotine before it got to you lol.

But maybe that isn't what do I know, since I have no photos to go on.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Going by the design of the logo and the lack of any series numbers I am making a wild guess at it being pretty old. I was born in 52 and don't think I'm old! LOL!

There was also a carburetor pipe in that batch. After all these years I still have NO idea what was behind that idea. A pipe with a four barrel and overdrive?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I hate to be a thread necromancer, but I just won a Kaywoodie 23C "Twin Panel" Flame Grain. I only paid about $15 but it looks to be in great condition. From looking around, that model was made in 1955. I'm curious to know if that was the only time it was made or if that is a model they routinely put out. I really just bought it because it looked cool.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I love Kaywoodies. I have several in my collection. I am not crazy about the plumbing but - I can live with it. Also another old time pipe is the Lee line - which make very fine smokes as well. :puffpipe:

dbreazeale

Lurker
Dec 3, 2009
The model 23C was made from the years of 1947-1955
Here's a good reference link. I don't know if this was already posted. I didn't check out the other links listed, yet.
http://www.grayfoxonline.com/idyopipe.html

Status
Not open for further replies.