PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Diebels Sportsmans Gallery is usually good for a visit, especially if you like cigars as well. I don't recall there being any primarily pipe shops there, but then again I left the area almost 20 years ago. I still hit up Diebels once or twice a year when I'm back visiting family. The last time I went to one of the Outlaw locations it was almost entirely cigars with little to nothing in the way of pipe tobacco.

Reactions: pylorns and trudger

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Diebels Sportsmans Gallery is usually good for a visit, especially if you like cigars as well. I don't recall there being any primarily pipe shops there, but then again I left the area almost 20 years ago. I still hit up Diebels once or twice a year when I'm back visiting family. The last time I went to one of the Outlaw locations it was almost entirely cigars with little to nothing in the way of pipe tobacco.
Yeah last time I was here was like 2014 or so for the Kansas City Pipe Show but I didn’t hit up any shops. I did hit Strouds and Jack Stacks for Bbq and home cooking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I went to school in Columbia, Mo., did a summer internship in Neosho, Mo., took a military physical in St. Louis, and visited there later on vacation, but I've never been to K.C. So I'm interested to hear what's available there in case I ever happen up that way. Outlaw Cigar sounds promising.

Reactions: pylorns
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Two Outlaw Cigar locations, both have pipes.

Cigar & Tabac has a good pipe selection.

Fidel’s is ok.

Deibels is meh.

Where in KC are you gonna be?

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Outlaw also has third location that’s a brewery, but I haven’t been to it yet so I couldn’t say if it’s any good.

Cigar & Tabac is where the KC Pipe Club meets. It’s also off of Metcalf.

Reactions: kcghost

MGAOKC

Might Stick Around
Oct 2, 2022
OKC OK
I go to KC a couple times a year.
Always go by cigar & Tabac.
That’s the hang out for the Ghost.
At night I like to go to the larger Outlaw Cigar, it has a full bar and live music on the weekends.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
There really isn't any good pipe shops in KC. The shop I hang out at is Cigar & Tabac at 105th and Barkley (One block east of Metcalf). They do have pipe there but it meager compared to what they used to have. The KC Pipe Club meets there on the 3rd Thursday of each month). The do have some old tins of tobacco for sale but all are priced about the same as pipestud has them. They have a good selection of estate pipes.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
im downtown at the convention center area.
Fidel’s will be the closest to you. They are a Peterson dealer but their selection isn’t huge. They do occasionally have a few nice pipes though. It is a nice place to sit and have a smoke though. The Outlaw shops have a fairly decent tobacco selection and even occasionally have some Esoterica, they all carry Savinelli and a few Pete’s but their pipe selection tends to be geared towards entry level pipe smokers. But their lounges are killer, with one of them being a full service bar/brewery that’s open till 1am. @kcghost summed up Cigar & Tabac pretty well. They are about your only option for estates though.

If you’re looking for BBQ, KC Joes and Arthur Bryant’s are my recommendations. Gates and Jack Stack are kinda touristy BBQ imitations.