PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Here's my mini-haul from the KC pipe show today.
What a great show. Lots of beautiful pipes, great people and tons of opportunities to stock the tobacco larder.
100_1463.jpg

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Scout is one of three blends that McClelland made just for the Show. I'm smoking a bowl right now, it's a very rich Oriental blend with Latakia, Turkish and a bit of Perique. The other straight blend is Westport, a blend of red and gold Virginias. I had a bowl earlier and this is a blend for those who think they can't smoke Virginias, it smokes very cool without a trace of bite. There was also an aromatic blend, can't remember what it was called.
I picked up a pair of beautiful Autograph 5s for $100 each, pics come later, I'm smoking one of them now. I hope Kevin will be able to get some pics of the winners Of the Carvers Contest, they don't allow us common folks to photograph them. This year's theme was bulldogs and the entries are amazing.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The show has been excellent. There's tons of great pipes and tobaccos, new and very old.
I got a new Dunhill bent with gold band ... after I found the ATM Machine. I'll post it up after I get home.
I have to go to work now .... the horrors!!!

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I don't want to derail this thread but this reminds me of a question I often have about pipe shows. It seems that people usually come home with items, pipes, tobacco etc. Are they selling at a discount, is the stock just better or is it just a place where you get caught up in the event and head to the ATM (impulse buy). :)

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
This was my first pipe show, Peteguy, but certainly not my first trade show. As much as I enjoyed seeing all the pipes my trip to KC was more of a supply/tobacco run than anything else. We've only got one B&M in my burg and I knew there would be lots more stuff to pick from at the show.
I learned so much from visiting with the dealers and manufacturers, met some wonderful people with the KC pipe club and picked up some nice odds and ends for myself. A new pipe would've been a swell trophy to bring home but I've got pipes that haven't been "mouth broke" yet.
The atmosphere and the fellowship were two of the big draws for me. And that smoking tent couldn't have been any more friendlier. People were sharing their pouches with strangers and it was just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.