PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I have to brief at the moment, but this is one of the best sites i have used to buy tobacco. They have been keeping me informed with my order. I have not received my order because they have not gotten tins in yet that I want. But unlike other sites I have used they told me from the get go they did not have my order ready. They respond when I email with a questions about my order. Although they have a smaller varity of products I will for sure be using them again because of this customer service they have shown me. I say use them if you want great service.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I have a tobacconist that I can go to. But it has limited tins.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Yep, been in that store many times...... It's a favorite place to stop when I'm in Springfield which is about 85 miles from me.

simpledesign

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2011
Mlaug....try calling them...
Also....they currently have some 8oz bags of Penzance on the shelf which doesn't show on their website.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Just For Him is the shop that taught me how to smoke a pipe.

Their lounge taught me to love it.

A class operation all around!!

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
Well, my order just shipped today after about 2 weeks of waiting, but I am getting a few extras in the box so it all works out. If i ever do a road trip that takes me down that way I will be sure to stop in.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I wonder why they can't/won't ship to Iowa, and other shops are... Surely hope this isn't a sign of the times to come. !@)#)_*@!#_*E!_@#_@!#_)_)__!!! Anti's :twisted:

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
II have ordered just a few times, but have had great service.
However, the 2 oz. of "Old Toby" I bought smokes like wet leaves, and the quality of the cut is poor. About 5% of the bag looks like bark mulch.
everything else has been 100%

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The only one of the LOTR samples I got that I will be ordering again is Treebeard. I really liked that one.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
There are several other great vendors I use, so I'm not having any hardships. :puffy: . Just for Him makes the rules, its their business. There is/has been no legislation passed in Iowa regarding tobacco sales, so I don't know the reason why they won't ship here, but again its their business. I asked several times by e-mail and they didn't respond. I'm not going to call, I'll just go somewhere else.
Although I plan on living forever, I doubt I'll get around to trying all the other great blends I'd like to. Their blends will get a pass from me.
Being from Missouri, they are likely jealous of we Iowans' natural good looks. I bet thats it.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Their blend shortcut to mushrooms was what got me into Latakia.I ran out a while ago, maybe it's time to replenish that stock.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
After my weeeks of waiting the order has come. What I ordered was the LOTR sampler, Peterson University Flake, a pipe tool and a stand. What I got for free: a bonus LOTR sampler, Cornell & Diehl Exhausted Rooster and After Hours(both flakes)and G.L. Pease Haddos Delight. All in all not a bad day. A good week so far. High school is over, money that will probably go to a new pipe or two, more tobacco and a road trip to Colorado tomorrow. Now I just have to get rid of this cold I have. Happy puffing to everyone. :puffy:

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Just For Him is my favorite B&M in my home state, even though it is 175 miles away. I get down to Springfield occasionally and always stop there. Springfield passed a draconian smoking ordinance that no longer allows their smoking lounge to be used but it is still a great shop.
Regarding the better looks of Iowegians, as a native Missourian I just had to reply. You guys do get a great deal on your haircuts at $1 (.25 per side on square heads). My brother-in-law lives in Iowa and told me that joke so I hope you will realize it was purely in jest, as was your remark. Sorry about your bad experience with JFH.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.