PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Stanwell pipes made in Denmark were an old and honored brand, and though all of mine are more recent and made in Italy, they have all been quality smokers, well crafted, well drilled, and well finished, so I would recommend them. I think that is a long-trusted brand you can pretty much count on, like Peterson, Savinelli, Nording, and Missouri Meerschaum.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For best prices on new Italian-made Stanwell pipes, PC is your retailer, because they are owned by the maker of Stanwells I believe.

Some members have not been entirely pleased with the customer service there, but you won't beat their prices on new Stanwell pipes.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Congrats on the new pipe. As others have said Stanwell is an old established brand that makes solid pipes.

As for Cigarbid, I've been using that site for 10+ years and buy 90% of my cigars from there. Caution... when bidding, just know that not all bidders are intelligent and understand the concept of bidding. I've seen so many auctions go for retail or above retail, because some doofus doesn't know what the item is worth or just want it so bad they bid it up. Be careful not to get sucked into a bidding war. Cigarbid is associated and owned by Cigars International. If I find something on Cigarbid, I go to CI to look to see what it's selling for there and then bid accordingly.

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Don't worry, it's very good, and very nice too.

The first pipe i bought is this Stanwell De Luxe 15 sandblaster (very similar to yours. I think is the same line). I like it very much, and very good smoker.

stanwell-de-luxe-15-9-pipe-sandblasted.jpg

The new Stanwells, are no longer made with any association with the original company. So, it probably is a good pipe, but it is Stanwell only in that logo on the pipe. This is why I prefer to get an older estate Stanwell, actually designed by one of the greats in pipemaker history.
But, like I said, it's most likely a good pipe, and will smoke very well... it just won't have the value that the older ones have.
Congrats by the way.

Gabby Hayes

Lurker
Jun 6, 2021
So. Cal.
Just won this Stanwell Bent Dublin on cigarbids. I honestly really liked the shape and look of this pipe. Are these Stanwell pipes decent? It was my first time on that site and honestly took a shot at it not really expecting anything, but i happened to win it...View attachment 216491
I have a couple older Danish Stanwell estate pipes and a newer Italian made one. All are great smokers and I see no drop off in quality from the move to Italy.