PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ok, carolina', take a deep breath and relax and enjoy those beautiful pipes, and stay off the pipe pages for a while. That is a fetching pipe. Love the shape and the textured finish. Love my Petes, all sizes and shapes (many if not all).

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks fellas! What a group of guys! Can enable you to buy stuff, egg you on, congratulate you when you buy one and make you want to buy more! When this one comes in, I'm going to smoke it for all of you! Just have to decide what I want to smoke in it.
Whew, I know. It's been a ride for the past week. It's the first time I ever truly let PAD over take me and get all the things I've been wanting for a while. The way I figure it, I should be good for at least a year now, but I doubt it.
Anthony, it kind of is like adopting a puppy. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to give a nice pipe a good home. :rofl:
Paul, she was a looker and whistled at me the minute I saw her. See, she was a loner, like me, but she had this look in her eye that said she needed me. When I saw that, I knew I needed her too. It was as if destiny were pulling us toge...oh hell, who am I kidding. I've wanted a silver spigot and it had one, and the stain was my color, the stem was beautiful, and it was a blast. That was just a perfect storm, and a silver spigot like that at less than $200 USD, was a steal in my book.
Workman, I'll be proud to be your brother with this beauty!
Cortez, man, the last I checked they still had a couple of 106 shapes... Talk about enabling :rofl:
Theosprey, you're definitely right there. Soon as the money runs out, you're sidelined, so I had to make it count!
Tom, I know, it was a fun, quick ride, but now I can kick back and enjoy my nice pipes. Been slumming it for far too long and wanted to start upgrading my collection to some nicer pipes, and now that I've done that, once they all get here, I can enjoy them while at peace with a little Luxury Navy Flake.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
carolina', I received a windfall check a few years ago for a job I did, and immediately saw a sale on Ser Jacopo pipes on smokingpipes.com, a really good sale. So I broke for a pipe more than twice what I'd usually pay. I couldn't buy a similar pipe for twice as much today, maybe not even an estate, so i've never looked back. I just try not to do this often. The SJ is a winner.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
And that's what it's all about. I'm not going to look back, that's for sure. I love everything I've gotten so far. It's just nice to blow a little money on something nice for yourself once in a while. I rarely spend money on myself and buy things I really want, but when I do, I buy all I want, then I'm back on a hiatus for a while.
I actually did look at a few SJ's before I settled on my Ardor. I couldn't pass up the Ardor once I saw it. Maybe next year I can pick up a SJ, since I have admired them for a bit.
Those are the kind of nice checks I like to get, but most of the time I find myself being a practical guy and using it on dumb stuff like bills. This time, I didn't have any bills, so a late Christmas to me!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Congrats! Peterson has such an abundance of fine spigot lines that I think they are now the premier spigot maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.