Just Received My Two New Pipes! (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I recently bought one pipe from Adams Pipes and commissioned another from David Jones Pipes that I want to show off!

This one is the Adams Pipe and it is an amazing smoker! Gets a bit warm but with the cold days up here in Washington it is actually kinda nice that it does. It seems he was having a bit of difficulty selling it from his website so I managed to snag it off of ebay for the VERY low price of about 40 bucks. I couldnt be more happy with that purchase!
Now the pipe I commissioned from David Jones. I was having a hard time finding a dublin pipe I liked enough to spend a bit of money on and so I figured why not commission one!? Now I'm a huge fan of the diamond shank that bulldogs pull off so well so why not get a dublin with the diamond shank? A bit strange? Sure, but I like it a lot. In one of the pictures it has my hand around the pipe and just for comparisons sake I am a 6'6" tall 250lb guy with pretty big hands. Yeah, its a monster of a pipe, I cant wrap my fingers all the way around it and I can fit my whole thumb in the bowl. Just finished my first half bowl out of it and I couldnt be more pleased with how it turned out.

(full of Gold Rush)

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
The commissioned one with shipping was only a total of about 160 too which I was really happy about. I'll probably be placing another order with him here in a week or two. Its hard to get a really good pipe in my price range (not to mention one custom made) and both of these really fit the "really good pipe" category in my book. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Peterson Dracula I have is going to be getting mighty lonely for the next little while!

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Lovely pipes, Burl. You mention a Pete Dracula. How does it smoke? I'd been thinking about getting one last year but not sure if they're still available.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Love the commissioned pipe, looks like it was made to fit your hand perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.