Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I seem to be doing a bunch of variations on the Dublin this month...Thought this one turned out fairly nice....

140gryc.jpg

3478rol.jpg

fehz7n.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys! I think I'm done with Dublins for the month- may try a black bamboo with sandblasted bowl in a group 1 to change things up....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great Dublin. Most days that's my favorite shape. This one has so much focus and shape.

Nicely brought together.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Love the shape and especially that stem! I gotta try that one of these days.
Ejames, fairly easy- the only trick is turning a really long tenon without destroying it(I've gone up to 2" length on the tenon). I use a 1/16 drill bit in a live center chuck on the tailstock to support the tenon. Otherwise, you get so much flexing, the tenon will climb over the cutter and destroy itself....Sanding it down to reveal the tenon, just make sure you don't cut into the airway...:)

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Ejames, fairly easy- the only trick is turning a really long tenon without destroying it(I've gone up to 2" length on the tenon). I use a 1/16 drill bit in a live center chuck on the tailstock to support the tenon. Otherwise, you get so much flexing, the tenon will climb over the cutter and destroy itself....Sanding it down to reveal the tenon, just make sure you don't cut into the airway...:)
I thought it would be something like that but wasn't real sure! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.