PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
And I gotta say that I didn't think I was going to like it from the tin note. Not a big fan of that. It was pleasant, but it was just too..."rich" I guess is the right word. Loaded up the pipe (Grabow Freehand) and went to town with it. The first third of the bowl was about what I was expecting from the tin note and I really wasn't enjoying it too much. But then it all changed. The last two thirds were just fantastic. I do have to say though that I'm definitely feeling the nic from it and I'm not enjoying that part too much right now. Probably need to go a little slower next time haha.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
This is a classic example of what friend Fisher was referring to in his Penzance thread. I don't like Va/Pers, I dislike high nic blends, so I intend to stay far away from this one. I am sure it is a a fien quality blend - just would not be my cuppa.

danz

Lurker
Jan 11, 2012
New Zealand
i never had a pipe baccy yet with what i consider a "nic hit", but... i do have a tin of 1792 on the way so i reckon i'll soon find out
1792 is medium imo, but in saying that i also consider irish flake medium. Irish rope on the other hand is satisfactory to my dulled sensitivity(Do not find it pleasant tasting) of nicotine. Just wish i could find a nice English blend that can hit the sides, and no night cap doesn't do it... :(

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I never liked Haddo's until I put it in my Sav Oscar. Then oh. My. God.
Every other pipe, it's not so great. That one combo though was worth the experimentation.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Why do you think it was so much better in the Sav Oscar Cyndi?
Small bowl? Long shank? Elaborate, if you will.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I haven't had Haddo's in years after it was the replacement to Aleister when Greg was working with Irwin Friedman back in the day. I enjoyed it - but kind of missed Aleister which I thought was a superlative VaPer.

Status
Not open for further replies.