PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Good luck, Shawn. I hope all goes well.
I know what you're going through with the wait for the results. My middle daughter got back test results on a biopsy of her thyroid last week and thankfully, it wasn't cancerous.
We're all pulling for you and your boys.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I had a place on the left side of my face about 15-20 years ago about the size of a BB and it looked suspect to my dermatologist so he did a biopsy. I got the results from the lab and it was some sort of cancer...can recall what the called it. I met him at the hospital and he did local anesthesia and cut it out. He went pretty deep as he said he had to stitch the inside and outside. That's been long ago and there's been no repercussion since then.
I've had places burned off my face, forearm and head with liquid nitrogen he sprays and if you think bees hurt when they sting, this stuff is about as bad. My head looked like someone put a cigar out on it for about a week but it turned out as smooth as a baby's butt. Let them do what they need to if it's cancerous. We all hope it's not but the lab should send you a letter about the results.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
hey shawn I am VERY familiar with this stuff. I had 2 moles taken off last year. Both of them were cancerous with basil cell carcinoma. One was behind my ear so they made about a 2 inch incision and scrapped out all the remaining cells (i couldnt feel a thing). The other one was directly below my eye and they were worried that it had spread behind my eye and into my brain. But, luckly it didnt. They had to do a specific kind of surgery and my eye was sewed up for a bit. But the surgeries were not too bad man and the basil cell is a mild form and easily treatable. Dont be too worried man even if it does come up positive hopefully they can take care of them with ease and you will be on your way man. I will keep you in my thoughts, good luck!

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Small skin cancers are common and can be permanently removed.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Good Luck Shawn. We are all praying for you. Keep a positive outlook that helps a ton.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
I know it's kind of lame begging for prayers, but I am all my kids have so you see why I am stressing. Thanks.
nothin' works like askin' for help from the top--nothin' lame there-- good luck--

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I am healing up fast from the biopsy. I have 6 stitches and I can't even feel the wound anymore. Now it's the waiting game, but Mr. Fisher and a couple of other guys made me at ease about the whole ordeal. If I wouldn't have had you guys, I would have been a mess. Thanks again!!!

bracerbob

Lurker
Nov 3, 2012
Spring Hill Florida
Hi Shawn,

I wish you the best on the mole biopsy. Good that you had it taken care of & removed. Worse would have been to have not done anything at all about it. You'll be ok. Keep all of us here posted on the results. There is nothing lame about asking for prayers. Prayers are for healing.

:)

Bob

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Just lost a dear friend to lung cancer. Heavy cigarette smoker. My prayers are with you Shawn. Moles are sneaky buggers to.
Always think positive. I never expect the worst, I let them tell me. If its bad news, get a second opinion.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.