PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 19, 2011
IT's not boring,Chero...The wife and I grow our own veg and fruit each year but I dont think I could grow 'bacco. Space is tight and I dont think I could stand it if the drying process went awry! Great to read about it all.Mike

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
i just farmed on the side thing,for extra money, fulltimed most of my years self employed in service stations and convenience store.i was raised on a dairy farm and when i left home at 18 we were milking 150 head, never went back to that, but i think of that time often, it seems so long ago.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I live up in New Jersey so I am intrested in how this all goes. Finding a good place to dry it will be the hard part. If I need to I might have to set up a drying room in the basement. I figure enough fans to get the air moving should get it.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
Thanks Chero. My barn/shed wasn't very airy. but it will be by gathering time this year even if I have to rip out sections for a time. perhaps a couple small fans to help churn the air some too wouldn't hurt.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Chopping tobacco and getting it on the sticks is darn hard work. Did some as a kid for extra pocket money.

Status
Not open for further replies.