PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Peterson needs to tell people which are the system pipes and which aren't.
For the most part System pipes are the three lines of Standard, Premier and Deluxe. Occasionally a Supreme comes in. Pub pipes and House pipes are the only other System pipes I know of in the current lineup. Oddly, SP tells us that the Pub pipe is a System pipe in the description but I had to dig a little further in to double check that House pipe were. Rusticated Pub pipes could be one of the best buys out there. It has mega chamber and the full system with aluminum chimney that screws onto the bottom of the stem. Works great!

In the legacy lines, Dunmore, Mark Twain, and 2 Sherlock Holmes models were systems. There might be more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
For the most part System pipes are the three lines of Standard, Premier and Deluxe. Occasionally a Supreme comes in. Pub pipes and House pipes are the only other System pipes I know of in the current lineup. Oddly, SP tells us that the Pub pipe is a System pipe in the description but I had to dig a little further in to double check that House pipe were. Rusticated Pub pipes could be one of the best buys out there. It has mega chamber and the full system with aluminum chimney that screws onto the bottom of the stem. Works great!

In the legacy lines, Dunmore, Mark Twain, and 2 Sherlock Holmes models were systems. There might be more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.
I forgot System Spigot!

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

When I first started using tobacco I thought all Peterson's where system pipes.

Reactions: ofafeather

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yeah, you need to dig in the description but it's not obvious. Weird as it's one of their trademarks.
Pipes and pipe tobacco seem to have a sort of if you don't already know too bad quality that seems weird for something that is being sold to make money. I think they're still stuck in the mind set of the seller will tell you what you need to know or some other pipe smoker will initiate you into the secrets of the briar.

Reactions: ofafeather