PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmccarthy

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
I think you handled this situation very well. Had i been in your shoes, that mom would have had a few broken bones of her own...
I will spoke my pipe to you tonight good sir.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
all she knows about nurturing
Sorry but I gotta call bull shit on that. Even if she was beat like hell growing up, that would make a normal person want better for their kids. Come on. I know my society breeds these ignant folks, that doesn't mean we should be compassionate.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Fine job typical98..if moms @$$ hit the ground a time or two I don't think many would've look down at you

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
All i did was give her a good push and she did fall. I just kept her at a distance but i cannot be to rough on a woman. Even if she deserves it.

I found out where the baby is and will be going to see her today in about an hour, she is just a couple blocks away. The aid will be there so i can speak with them also to make sure they are taking the proper steps. I do know they sometimes slack. I will post an update on the baby on how she is. I hope she is well.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
You need a name change away from "Typical" that you are not, what a hero. That situation could have become quite bad, if she said you hit her baby, they could have locked you up as the abuser instead of her and then you would be in jail for the next 5-10 years for almost killing a child. Gotta make sure there are witnesses before doing anything like that.

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
She did say that i hit the baby but with the hand print on the baby was about half my hand size and the officer just looked at her she quickly changed her mind. Im currently at the hospital on my laptop waiting to speak with the aid. I have been update on her condition and it seems that she may have slight brain damage but they can only do some many test on a baby. There is a high chance of it though.

This is upsetting me even though i know it shouldn't. I just wish when i first heard the yelling i got off my fat ass and looked down the street instead of waiting for to come closer. I may have been able to have stopped it sooner.

Very upsetting.... poor girl.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Hey man, you can't second guess yourself like that. You didn't commit the act. You interceded and did the right thing.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
You did right no doubt about it. So glad you where there for that poor kid. To bad the mother didnt fall alot "harder" than she did.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Glad you stepped in when you did and stopped her from doing something worse to that baby. I work for the newspaper in my city and when stuff like this happens, we report it right away. On our website, twitter, facebook etc. We let the public know who the person is and what they did. This lets the abuser know that they they leave the station or the police leave their house, Everyone will know! It's a small town and when it goes online on our site they'll know what kind of a coward they really are.

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
I understand i can't be upset with myself for not getting involved earlier but you always feel you could have done more. I believe i saved that baby.
from what i was quickly told by the aid is that the child with be in care till the mother is evaluated. If she shows she okay she will have supervised visits and if she passes that she can get custody back. I was quickly able to see her through the class and she is pretty cute, but she is bruised pretty bad. I don't mean in a bad way if it does come out that way but normally it is hard to tell if a black person is bruised and you can diffently tell that baby is. She is safe know and that is all that matters to me.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I don't know why i want to see her but i just can't get her out of my mind
It's called humanity, bro. You have the feelings and empathy toward another human being that a man should. Nothing wrong with that.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
"here is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men." quote from the movie Boondock Saints. Not that I am promoting that kind of justice, though sometimes it would be nice, it does give you something to think about.
You did what you could brother. Just know that you weren't another person to just turn a blind eye.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
No way that mother is ever getting her baby back. She nearly beat it to death and gave it brain damage. Even the best evaluation in the world won't be enough. If this was a pet and the SPCA, they would not only take the pet away, but make it illegal to ever own another one. If only they could make it illegal for her to ever have another baby again. She should also spend the next 5-10 years in jail for attempted murder.

adam12

May 16, 2011
It would have been very easy for you to look the other way. The fact that you didn't says alot about what kind of man you are. There are many situations like this happening all the time, and the kid cannot cry out for help, because they don't know any better. But you stepped in and possibly saved that girl's life.
All the rest is details if you saved someone's life. You'll never know what good this intervention may have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.