Just Found Out what True Heartbreak Is.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I finally got her to sleep last night te doctor said it looks worse than it is. He said in a week or two she will be fine! Thank you all for your prayers and concern!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Good luck, my friend. The young ones are resilient, she will be fine. I raised a dozen, so I know. Doesn't make it easier to watch, but she will remember you being there to console her and get her through it.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
kerosene heater
glad to hear your daughter will be good as new soon.. but, kerosene heaters are a disaster waiting to happen. if they need a space heater suggest they check out those oil filled units that look like an old school radiator. I have one out in my shop and it gets warm and toasty

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Captainprophesy your so right.
Sorry Irish. That's the worst thing in the world watching your family hurt and not being able to do anything about it. The good news is that kids seem to heal incredibly well and bounce back faster then you and me.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Ouch! Man, that is tough to handle. I am glad she will be better though.
My brother were camping once, we were both pretty young. He stepped into a fire pit, it was not burning but smoldering and he was barefoot. He put his other foot down to lift up the other foot and burned the heck out of that one as well. It looked pretty bad but within a week he was up and running around. Something to be said for being young, I guess.
People are right, your daughter will remember you being there for her. Hang in there!

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I have raised three and they get hurt. I am thankful I did not have to go through what you did. Be strong.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Man, I totally understand. It is a hopelessness that parallels nothing. I almost lost my youngest to high fever in early 2010 and have had several occasions where they have hurt themselves pretty good and all you can do is hold them and pray for their pain to pass.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
you learn to deal with it, but no matter how tough you look on the outside, it still breaks your heart when one gets hurt.
she'll mend, and you will too.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This happens to all parents. At that age, I fell into a fire and still have the scars. My son had a circumsion at almost 3. I was the one who had to take the bandages off. Must be much easier when they are first born. If this really hurts you, then you are a good parent.
Praying for you.
Winton

tomsmithusa

Might Stick Around
Oct 11, 2012
Southern Oregon
Sorry, man.
baronsamedi – Just keep those bandages fresh and be liberal with the silver sulfadiazine cream and she'll come out OK.
What he said.
Also common under a trademark name, Silvadene, it’s wonderful at speeding the healing and minimizing scaring – that, and the fresh applications and maybe some gentle cleansing, if that’s possible with a burn, to keep scabs from forming/hardening will minimize scaring. After it’s healed you can massage the area, the skin, and that will help stretch and re-align fibers to remove scars.
My wife worked as a physical therapist in a burn unit for some years, and these are some of the things she came away with and worked well in our household of kids. :)
Prayer I am most thankful for, though.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Glad to hear it's not as bad as it looks. When I was a kid I tripped and, when I reached out to break my fall, the palm of my hand found the top of our wood stove. That hurt pretty bad, but the damage was not long lasting. I was on the receiving end of being held down on another occasion. When I was about three years old, I ripped my head open right above my eye. It was pretty bad and the scar is still there just above my eyebrow. My mom had to hold me down while the doctor stitched me back up. I remember kicking my legs so hard my boots flew off!!!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Irish, luckily is was not worse and she is so young she will not remember it. I cannot even count the number of times I have been to the emergency room with my 4 kids. Broken bones, stitches and other ailments, it is tough to deal with but you do get through it. It is amazing at how quickly they heal and get over the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.