Just For Him "Black Magic Woman" - Superb Smoke!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Here is a blend that I never see on any posts - created by the same team from Just For Him. While Shortcut to Mushrooms and Ruins of Isengard seem to get noticed - this one for some strange reason does not. Even Whiskey Biscuit and Gravy - another superb blend doesn't heralded as an awesome crossover - which it is.
Here is my mini review:
I received a sample from JFH with my last order of Old Toby. The name - intriguing - reminded me of Witch Queen by Altadis. The color is jet black with hints of little gold nuggets of tobacco in the blend. The aroma is wonderful - one smells Chocolate, Raspberry and hints of Campfire (from the Latakia). This is real tobacco Ladies and Gents.
When I draw on my pipe before lighting - I get a tasty raspberry, chocolate and smokey taste on the palate. Yum! I know I am in for a real treat.
The blend smokes incredible - lots of smoke is created and the blend reveals it's mysteries with each puff. First you get a slight hint of Raspberry, then delicious Latakia, then Baker's Chocolate, more Chocolate, then black pepper, then Latakia, then Raspberry. The flavors keep coming and coming - leaving my head realing in - Well...pipe ecstasy.
While I am new to Just For Him Tobaccos - I have to say (IMHO) that Just For Him are making some of the finest bulk crossovers on the market. I would put their crossovers in par with Sterling/1776 tobaccos - which are just as exciting and wonderful to smoke. If you are looking for something different...this it. If you are suffering from tobacco ennui - put this on your list.
Black Magic Woman - give her a try...if you dare - she is guaranteed to put a spell on you! :wink:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I too have never heard of this blend before. Thanks for putting it on the radar! :puffy:
Maybe Kevin can put some of those JFH blends on the Luxury Tobacco Reviews website.

In addition to JFH and Sterling, Rich's In Portland, OR, seems to be increasingly popular too.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Clanbucklin, I don't know whether to thank you or offer to slug you on the shoulder. I just made a quick stop at the local b&m and you post such a wonderful review after my return. All in good spirits of course. The review sounds like a tobacco I would enjoy. Think I may need to start a fall list of tobaccos to order. Raspberry is one of my favorite flavors

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
One thing that I forgot to include in my review is - if a tobacco blend could turn itself into a wine - this would be a full bodied Alexander Valley Zinfandel from Sonoma County CA. Lots of beautiful jammy raspberry fruit, chocolate, black pepper and spice. Stunning.
I had read online on another Tobacco Review site that this was Shortcut to Mushrooms with Rasberry flavor. Nothing could be further from the truth. This blend has lots of baker's chocolate and spice while Shortcut is more earthy in flavor. Both are delightful in their own way - Just two different animals or uh...tobaccos.
Stay tuned Whiskey Biscuit and Gravy by JFH also needs a shout out too!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for the review and heads up on these blends. I'll have to definitely get some with my next order of STM.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Nuts! I just put in my tabak order! It's cool, I got some good stuff. But I'm putting this one on my wish list for next time!

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
thank You dear Sir for this review... i tried both Shortcut to Mushrooms and Ruins of Isengard but also Treebeard and Longbottom Leaf - my favourites are Mushrooms... because of this positive experience i woudl be happy to try Black Magic Woman really soon - it seems to be a perfect choice for me :) thanks again...

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
Glad you like the review - I hope lovers of Cross Over blends give this baby a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.