PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tonight I mixed up 50/50 CH and PA, filled my 1970 3 Dot Brigham (without filter), lit it up and was pleasantly pleased with the results. No bite, smooth, stays lit well, and was completely uncomplicated. Just a fine, all around smoke, for those who enjoy the simple things in life.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I didn't like PA, but I'm thinking I should get another pack along with some Carter Hall and Half and Half to try mixing with those. If it's still crap, I send it off to someone who will appreciate it more.
-Jason

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Sounds good, fisher. I like PA, but have never tried CH.
I make my own "OTC" burley with C&D bulk white burley (bake it for 2hrs with a little honey) and last night I mixed it with a little bulk light VA. Probably similar to your mixture. Simple is good, sometimes.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
PA is alright but I was never enamoured with the codger burleys.
I'd take them over aromatics every time, but in general they aren't my thing.
Still, sounds like a good blend for those who enjoy the style - thanks for the heads up.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Over the past three weeks or so I've tried blending many different tobaccos with CH but every time I just get the impression that I took a perfectly nice blend and f*kd it up by adding CH. I might just go and donate my tub of CH to the Salvation Army or something like that...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
You got an old folks home around you? Might be an old codger who would appreciate that tub of tobbaco, I supply a couple of old men Tobbaco and pipes , they are living on 32$ a month so they appreciate it, just a thought. The old cajun

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
hfearly, If you don't find a more worthy recipient, I would gladly pay at least the shipping to take it off your hands, if you are in Canada? I don't have much in the way of a cellar yet and have a hard time acquiring tobacco where I live without importing it. I also have one briar I am just breaking in (and hopefully more in the near future) and have heard that CH is ideal for break-in. I don't want to sound like a mooch or anything, I just don't want to see you throw it away. I have only tried a single bowl of CH and have been curious about it (and similar old time blends). PM me if you are interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.