PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
This thread is AMAZING! It has awaken on me a wish to plant this stuff and try this tobacco.
Where can I find Rustica seeds?

papawhisky

Lurker
Jan 29, 2019
Austin, Texas
Tobacco is a wonderful and fun plant to grow whether you intend to harvest it or grow it as an ornamental. It's pretty hardy and makes a beautiful addition to any garden. They also grow well in pots (at least 5 gallon size!) for those in apartments. Tobacco seeds are readily available on the internet, both smoking and garden varieties.
If you plan on smoking your crop, please do your homework. The strains that you grow, the fertilizers you use, and how you process it after harvest are super important to producing a quality, smoke-able tobacco. There are other forums entirely devoted to these topics. I grew my first crop last year, and am super pleased with the results. It's not hard, but you do need to plan ahead.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
The strains that you grow, the fertilizers you use, and how you process it after harvest are super important to producing a quality, smoke-able tobacco. There are other forums entirely devoted to these topics.
Could you give me access to that?

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I have harvested the large one, I lost a few leaves trying to find the best way to color cure inside. It's too dry inside right now to just simply hang them up, the few I did like that drier super green in about 2 days. The others I threaded on some line and put in a large Tupperware so the moisture stays up and I put a few holes in the side and vent it once a day and seems to be working well.
20190226_125242-600x600.jpg

The Bonsai one is still kicking I've only taken one leave so far. Will most likely press them all into a small plug when the time comes.
20190226_125146-600x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.