PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Testified many times. Testified on 3 death penalty cases. Last one and most likely the last was a pregnant 27 year old that was hog tied, bent over sofa cusions, throat slit and I mean into C-3.... able to run into the yard and the mail man found her. Watched the C section on my cot in the ER. Child had heavy brain damage, lived in a care center when I was going to court.DA flew me in to testify as I had just relocated to my current job. Defense team met with me in a restaurant before to say defendant was pleding guilty and basically asked me not to "ramp it up". I put the screws to him best I could. He got life without parole, and this was in the South. I was pretty unhappy with that one.

Did a national interview on FOX on McVeigh before he got the juice. I always put the special effort in when testifying but the return was never enough for me to put 10lbs of shit into a 5lb bucket.

I moved on, it is what it is. Jury duty is important, show up..you could actually get an important case.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife served, I think, twice, once on a grand jury that met over a period of time, and a second criminal case where the jury got hung up and the judge sent them to a nasty fleabag hotel to prompt them to make a decision. It worked. My dad hung a jury one time, the lone dissenter, and afterwards one of the prosecutors told him he was correct in this, in terms of the laws of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.