PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good afternoon. I'm smoking Black Parrot in the Gustav Rincke Claw that just came back from Floyd Norwood. http://pipesmagazine.com/members/fred/album/picture/802 He did an excellent job on a hand cut acrylic bit and opening the draw up a bit more. This Pipe is easily 100 years old and likely hasn't been smoked in decades. It's soaking up Beeswax like a sponge and sharing the lessons learned from fire and tobacco burnt offerings of the past. When you're cleaning up an estate Meerschaum, you get to find out what the previous owner smoked. This one enjoyed Virginia blends. These old Pipes really can be a joy to smoke.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Solani Virginia Flake with Perique (#633) in my Stanwell HCA churchwarden. It's a fresh tin, and I've used the fold and stuff method and I'm having trouble keeping it lit. Going to leave it 1/4 smoked and come back to it tomorrow.
It's my first VaPer and it's a successful first foray. The tin aroma was excellent and so is the taste and the room note. My wife is going gaga for the smell of it.
Thanks to Bob for the YouTube vids on flake tobacco packing methods!
Simon

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Smoking Bullseye Flake. My wife likes the room note of Va/Pers, more than aromatics. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.