PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I noticed that 4th Generation has released another limited blend. The description is a Virginia flake lighty topped with honey and licorice. To me at least, this sounds delicious. Like Peaty Kentucky, the price is a bit up there at 48 bucks for 3.5 ounces. It may very well be worth it, but without a review I'm a little hesitant. Maybe @JimInks will get a sample in the near future.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Price tag gave me a shock. Had their release last two years. Aged Va was good, but I stored it wrong. Kentucky was very good. I'm thinking if I should get this one.

Reactions: Steddy

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
I like honey, I love licorice, and aged Virginia might be the tastiest plant on the planet. It’s a good thing I’m good with budgeting in general because I am so bad at budgeting in tobacco.

Reactions: Meerly John

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My local Tinderbox sells empty wooden cigar boxes for $1 and I have to admit, I have purchased a few. They do come in handy for storage. I do like the picture on the Jubilaeum box, but not enough to buy it.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Has the box design been improved since the Kentucky release? I remember there was some frustration about it not being air tight so essentially impractical
The box is bigger to accommodate twice the amount of tobacco and the longer flake format. The biggest improvement, however, is that the tobacco is in a plastic ziplock bag which is placed inside a decorative burlap outer bag. The tobacco was in much better condition than the Peaty Kentucky. I still wouldn’t cellar it without repackaging the tobacco. The box is nice-ish. The graphics aren’t as classy as the Peaty Kentucky box, though. There’s a magnetic closure buried somewhere inside.

It’s definitely a luxury purchase. The local shops are retailing it at $70.

Reactions: scloyd and Ahi Ka