PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One ideal churchwarden smoke is in an armchair with your elbow on the arm rest so you need to only lift the bit to your mouth. You don't even have to lift your arm. Now you are ready to listen to music, read, or think deep thoughts.

Reactions: Templekeeper

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
It's so enviable to see you guys smoking pipes at your leisure. Living in a smoke-free apartment, I always sit in that little Corolla and have a pipe, the only good thing is that I get to choose the view while smoking the pipe.
The churchwarden would be perfect for you then sir. Sit next to an open window in your apartment with the chamber outside. Put on your Sunday best and enjoy and indoor smoke like the deacons of old

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

kingstown

Lurker
Jun 10, 2023
MA.shrewsbury
I originally thought I could enjoy my balcony too, but the window on the balcony next door was always open and I had to think about the wind direction while enjoying my pipe, and that was too torturous. For this reason I had to hide in my Corolla. It's small, but I can relax and enjoy it.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
kingstown, I think your appreciating the changing and alternate views as you smoke is a nobel adaptation to the situation, making it work for you rather than just lamenting. Sometimes limitations in life can supply an added dimension.