PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Last time I looked, the bidding was around $1200 U.S., somewhat more than my $3.29 limit for specimens of this type. I realize that I'm passing up a great investment opportunity, but if anyone here wants to jump in and reap the reward, it will warm the cockles of my heart, whatever that means, and that will be reward enough. It's the least I can do--no need for thank-yous, gifts, or other compensation.

burleybreath

Aug 29, 2019
Last time I looked, the bidding was around $1200 U.S., somewhat more than my $3.29 limit for specimens of this type. I realize that I'm passing up a great investment opportunity, but if anyone here wants to jump in and reap the reward, it will warm the cockles of my heart, whatever that means, and that will be reward enough. It's the least I can do--no need for thank-yous, gifts, or other compensation

No idea what you're referring to.
Sorry. Left out the link. Damn bourbon.

burleybreath

Aug 29, 2019
Is it just me or does anyone else find it a bit perverted that someone would pay big bucks for Michael Jordan's used boxer shorts?
Perversion or insanity or both. A fan of the composer/pianist Franz Liszt was reputed to carry one of his cigar butts between her twins for years, so one can't say it's a commentary on the times. I thought it ridiculous, hence my posting. Hope it measures up to the high standards enjoyed here.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
That's certainly a rational question, but potential buyers are out of luck; they've been laundered--otherwise, I could see them going for more.
Oh, well in that case, count me out. Without the fermented testicle sweat and the skid marks, where's the value? I can't buy an item like that with just dingleberries as the selling point--not good enough. I'll take my money elsewhere, thank you!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Actually, I take it all back. I should pursue this one, since it will go well with my other Chicago-area undergarment memorabilia:

1) Jeremy Roenick's mouthguard
2) Jay Cutler's IcyHot-laden jockstrap
3) Kerry Wood's cup

I'll just be a big boy and wear gloves and handle with care, like I would do with anything else. Hey, I can always resell it. Does this garment constitute a pipe smoking accessory?