PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I threw my hat into the NaNoWriMo ring fellas! Its official. I am 10,000 words in just a few days! Wish me luck!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Good luck, NaNo-ers! Now get off the effing internet!
But yeah, overnight at Wal-Mart is crazy. I worked there for 8 months and my Mom is going on 15 years in overnight stock. I, too, got a guy fired by physically assaulting him (he snuck up behind me and grabbed me. I laid him out under a security camera and the tape went missing.) One drunk customer came in and bought beer, a funnel, and some goldfish. The real alive fish, not the crackers. It was constantly weird.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I punched a guy in the balls for trying to touch my food on lunch break. Went down like a dead cow. The camera in the break room never worked. The night manager noticed he was having a hard time standing and another employee told the manager the guy had threatened to take my food. I just nodded as I was eating and my mouth was full. They hobbled him out the door that night. I guess they didn't want to know what I'd done to him or didn't care because he was an asshole anyway.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
LOL, I love it when bullies get what they deserve. My "victim" was really not intelligent. I'm a small girl anyways and he was about my size. I had just gotten my 1st degree black belt earlier in the year and I was still training like crazy. We had this game in the martial art where you would be randomly attacked from behind and have to defend yourself quickly with the least amount of moves and maximum power. Anyways, this nitwit jumped out from behind a pallet and grabbed me from behind. I had the flu and was half concious, so my brain went "defend from attack." It took less than 5 seconds to lay him flat on his back. My Mom was standing right there and just laughed and walked off.

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Pipetrucker, I don't do these things either but they serve as great motivators for many. Anything that gets you actually writing rather than just thinking about it and planning, it for some quickly receding 'someday'.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
@macnutz: precisely. Before NaNoWriMo, I had two half-finished novels sitting and not going anywhere. Now I have finished one of them and have written two more, with another coming along nicely. (Here's my shout-out: crossed 12,000 words today) It ain't Shakespeare, but no first draft ever is, not even Shakespeare's! :D
I combine my loves of writing, typewriters and pipes all in one awesome way to spend November evenings.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.