PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
Anyone ever tried this? Is it any decent? I'm thinking about picking up a pouch but wanted to get some opinions first. I've read it has a great room note but doesn't really taste much like apple.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Tried it. Not bad. Wife loves the smell so if we are sitting outside together I'll load a bowl of it so she can enjoy the smell. I wasn't too impressed, but I will keep a pouch around for her enjoyment. She won't smoke a pipe, but loves the smell of Apple. Her dad used to smoke it if I get my stories right.
I say give it a try. Might like it. If not, you are only out about $4 if I remember the prices there in NC right.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
If you like carter hall you will like this,it's the same with a lite apple scent.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Tastes more of a generic sweet flavor than specifically of apples. However, it's quite easy to convince yourself that the sweet flavor is actually apple.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
I didn't get the apple flavor, more of the aroma. But, my taste is off. Wife smells the apple so I guess its ok. lol. If she is happy........... I didn't have any harshness or bite with it. Thought it had a sweet taste. Like I was saying in your other thread, go into TinderBox in Charlotte, they have a house apple you might like. And they might be able to direct you somewhere local to get Middleton's Apple. I need to source it here in Salt Lake now. Or, just support a sponsor when I run low.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Brebbia Calvados is a pretty solid virginia based tobacco with an apple flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.