PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So as promised I fired up the truck and went to Hayes in Winchester. Yes, they have tons of estates to look at. About 20 boxes, and I found these 2 I just couldn't walk out of the store without. Both smoked gently and ready to go. A quick grain and pipe cleaner and off I go.
A real nice Sav Poker.

dscf0389-600x449.jpg

And this really big American signed Mark Tinsley Black and Tan 1/4 bent Bulldog.

The Dr Graybow behind is to show how huge this pipe is, super nice!!!

dscf0388-600x449.jpg

OH BOY, am I happy.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Welp pawpaw, Jake and I just walked the driveway to get the mail. It is 2/10s of a mile long so almost a half mile round trip. It fits the mouth perfectly, albeit by the time I sat to write this, the jaw was a bit tired. This smoked great, put in 1/2 bowl of Halfling's Leaf and it pulls a nice open draft, smokes to the bottom with no gurgle. I am getting some more of his work, for sure. The bowl and shank are on par with a big Nording, and the stem is double wide. I really like it.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
@marmal4de, yup, it came with a meer pipe I got last year, it too is meer. It was just in the box with the pipe. It sits on my desk, Smokey Owl, I just grabbed it to support the pipe so it wouldn't roll over.
dscf0064-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.