PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jiminks is precise, balanced and accurate, so I always read his reviews with care. This certainly sounds like the blend for those who miss 5100, and for others who just savor a good Virginia.

Reactions: bent1
Jun 9, 2018
England
Sounds delicious. I'd definitely like to get my grubby mits on a few ounces at some point. Hopefully when this pandemic is over the stars will align and I'll have the cash to buy it when it's in stock.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Enjoyed this blend for the past 6 months, it reminds me of McClellands #27. Simply scrumptious.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Is it just me or does this like a lambic beer in tobacco form?

Oooh, Interesting! I love that sweet/sour thing in lambic or other sour beers. I’ll see if I can pick that up in the experience when I get ahold of my couple oz. of SR.

I’m always searching for great blends that are soft and floral, deliciously (slightly sweet) and sour, or rich and earthy/forest floor/humus-like. These are my favorite flavor profiles for beer, coffee, tea, and tobacco... those flavors really do it for me for some reason.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
Simply Red is a great blend. Tried a sample and let it sit for a bit and brought it back out months later. Guess my palate wasn’t ready but now it’s loving it. Will order some for sure when it come back in stock. Watch City has some great blends for sure.

Jan 27, 2020
Oooh, Interesting! I love that sweet/sour thing in lambic or other sour beers. I’ll see if I can pick that up in the experience when I get ahold of my couple oz. of SR.

I’m always searching for great blends that are soft and floral, deliciously (slightly sweet) and sour, or rich and earthy/forest floor/humus-like. These are my favorite flavor profiles for beer, coffee, tea, and tobacco... those flavors really do it for me for some reason.

Yes, but in hindsight it might of just been some moisture in my pipe which I consumed. I have to order some in the near future so I can compare it to Newminster 400.

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
Simply red is one of my favorite red Virginia’s. I think it’s outstanding! It’s slightly tangy, slightly citrusy, slightly musty, and reminds me of the fall and a pile of fallen leaves. What was very interesting to me, was in the last 1/3 of the bowl, it became sweet and tasted of black walnut. Very satisfying!

Reactions: dmcmtk

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
How are people liking this compared to C&D Carolina Red Flake and Cringle Flake 2020?

Ahhh it’s out of stock too. :(

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
How are people liking this compared to C&D Carolina Red Flake and Cringle Flake 2020?

Ahhh it’s out of stock too. :(

To me, simply red is very very similar to CRF, (the 16’-19’ versions) but no peppery spice to it. Cringle flake 2020 is a completely different animal. To me, CF2020 reminds me of a 10-15 yr old McClelland Christmas Cheer, yet deeper and more flavor, from the 17 yr old perique I’m guessing.

Reactions: dmcmtk and PipeIT
S

sunriseboy

Sadly, Ernie Q. won't ship to Oz anymore, so that's the end of Simply Red for us down here!

• Sad
Reactions: chopper
Status
Not open for further replies.