PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Read it little too late. Tin art didn't strike me as something I'll jump on, but Jim's review sort of got me interested.
I'm a fan of how these blends came to be and the process of how they were created but. Uno is a spectacular blend this one I didn't find to be too impressive. First off the plug itself is beautiful, like a little brick of tobacco in the shape of a small bar of gold. The colors are lovely reds oranges blacks with little bits of yellow and gold. The tin not is strong va/per, a bit green smelling. Which might be why I haven't enjoyed the first couple bowls as much as the first couple bowls of uno. I'm not the flavor guy he already spoke on this manner and even though I don't half the flavs he does I did get the bulk of what he encountered. This blend shows great aging potential and I'm not gonna review it till I finish a tin.

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
To be honest I got this for the same reasons I pick out wine, I like the label. I first saw Uno on the SP website and tried to find some not realizing it was a limited release at the time (hint: would still like to get ahold of a tin of Uno.. 😉), but when I read up on the creation of this series I wanted to try them all, even if it is my one and only tin.

Having said that and having a pallet that barely registers above 'i like it or not so much', I like this blend. I find it a slow, smooth & mild smoke with a hint of the pepperiness. Breaking the cake apart is fun new experience, though it ranges from chunky to cubed bits. In a couple of my straight pipes I get bits of tobacco in my mouth on the first few draws, so I'm a little more careful when packing the bowl. Currently smoking this in a Moonshine Cannonball and it's been the best smoke so far, funny since this pipe has the opposite chamber proportions as Jim's recommendation, but none of my pipes fit that bill.

Reactions: RonB

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
You know, I figured this would be right up my alley.

However, I get this foul, acrid tasting and bitterness I haven’t gotten from other VaPer type blends.

I’m not sure if it’s the bright VAs that don’t agree or what, I can only seem to enjoy this blend for the last 1/3 of the bowl.

Once it gets there, all the bitterness and sourness fades into a really nice and spicy VaPer.