PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
But there's no need to come in and troll.
It wasn't trolling at all, just an observation and and opinion. I too find such lengthy reviews unnecessary and only search for the blends contents to know if a blend would fit my interests.

"I luv dis 1 it am taste like my mommas casserole" or something
This seemed more inflammatory and provocative than Tom's post.

Daddypants

Might Stick Around
Jan 30, 2023
Central Texas
You could make spring water sound like its the greatest stuff ever. I sit here and smoke a blend read what you taste and wonder how i ended up with dullest tongue on the planet. Im like no my dude, I dont taste this 😂
I hear ya. @JimInks is like the Little Chef rat in the Ratatouille movie that can taste and smell all these amazing things and I feel like his fat, dumb brother that’s like “what’s the matter with garbage?” Lol.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I bought a tin. It seems okay and just okay. Sort of a duller Autumn Evening in terms of flavor. The DF and Burley make it a bit stronger than AE but nowhere near as vibrant. The red Virginia elevates the flavor a bit but, as I generally smoke virginias and vapers, it was not present enough for me. DF and Burley lovers will, no doubt, feel differently.
Less aromatic than AE but not as flavorful. I will share the tin with the only other pipe smoker I know and will finish the remainder. I would not buy it again however, although it was inexpensive. Two stars.

Last edited:

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I bought a tin. It seems okay and just okay. Sort of a duller Autumn Evening in terms of flavor. The DF and Burley make it a bit stronger than AE but nowhere near as vibrant. The red Virginia elevates the flavor a bit but, as I generally smoke virginias and vapers, it was not present enough for me. DF and Burley lovers will, no doubt, feel differently.
Less aromatic than AE but not as flavorful. I will share the tin with the only other pipe smoker I know and will finish the remainder. I would not buy it again however, although it was inexpensive. Two stars.
You right, we do feel differently, or at least I do.

I never cared for AE, I found it too rich. Autumn Evening isn't bad, it's just way too much to me, very overwhelming.

I like the Maple Shadows a lot more than Autumn Evening. I'd buy 100 of these 8oz tins of MS before I'd buy another one 1.75oz tin of AE.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A coworker left some in my inbox at work and I've got a similar impression, just kind of bland. Glad I skipped on purchasing it.