Jim's Sutliff Birds of a Feather Anomalous Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I have to agree. It's very good, it's got a different taste to it then anything else. Uno is good if you want to taste the unique perique in a more melded way with other varietals. This blend I must say is a better way to experience the katerini perique flavor only slightly unadulterated, the closest we can get to it anyway.

Reactions: Mrs. Pickles

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Initially bought 4...then got a notification from another retailer announcing they had it and bought 6 more. It just sounds to up my alley.

Not to mention I'm a bird need so I gotta get the tin!

• Love
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I'm glad I was able to grab 10 tins from SP. I've smoked a few bowls of it now and really enjoy it. I hadn't bought any other releases from the birds of a feather because this was the only one that sounded up my alley. I really wanted to try the Katerini perique so I'm glad they released at least one blend where it is more front and center.

Reactions: JimInks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like a must-have for devoted Virginia and Va/Per smokers, with a great review, as usual, with an astonishing array of flavors to be enjoyed.

Reactions: briarfoxx

StPaulPiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2021
St Paul, MN
I'm mostly an "aro/English mashup" kind of guy, but this stuff is fantastic. My favorite of the Birds of a Feather releases so far. Wish I'd bought more. It's so complex and fun - you really get a mouthful of flavors that complement one another, and that spicy perique just tops it all off. Very nice.

Reactions: blackpowderpiper

blackpowderpiper

Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I'm mostly an "aro/English mashup" kind of guy, but this stuff is fantastic. My favorite of the Birds of a Feather releases so far. Wish I'd bought more. It's so complex and fun - you really get a mouthful of flavors that complement one another, and that spicy perique just tops it all off. Very nice.
Very fruity and spicy. I love how the Katerini perique not only adds spice, but a nice floral note to the smoke as well. I bought three tins. I get about 20 bowls per tin so I'm looking forward to some 60+ hours of smoking pleasure with this blend.