Jim's Sutliff Birds of a Feather Anomalous Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
First of the line that actually seems worth it to buy. Thanks for the review, picked up a few last minute tins.
They all sound like excellent blends. Uno had the Periqued Katerini as well, but I have more than enough English type blends stored away, and didn't buy any. As for the Eccentric, I was in a holiday buying mood...

Reactions: Peter Turbo

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
They all sound like excellent blends. Uno had the Periqued Katerini as well, but I have more than enough English type blends stored away, and didn't buy any. As for the Eccentric, I was in a holiday buying mood...

Don't have to explain yourself to me my dude, buy what you like. I wasn't interested until this one released, even then I just barely managed to get 2 tins today, its sold out almost everywhere.

TexJake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2022
Hill Country, TX
I may try and grab a few more tins of Anomalous, I saw an email for a release with an online retailer, but when I clicked, it took me to a page that had Eccentric listed. I have a couple tins of that, but haven’t tried it yet to know whether or not I should get more…

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
My shipment came in today. I cracked one of the tins and had a bowl. First impressions were favorable. A tasty smoke. Moisture level was perfect for me. The Katerini Perique definitely has a different taste profile. I'm looking forward to a few more bowls to zone in on the different flavors and nuances.

Last edited:

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Good to know. I’ve never ordered from them. Do they make you sign for the package like Tobacco Pipes? That’s always a drag so I’m ordering from SP more and more.
I've never had to sign for anything except expensive pipes. But I get stuff delivered to a P.O. BOX so that might make a difference I'm not sure.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
picked up 4 tins but if it is anything like Eccentric in terms of supply there will be some available for a while. Eccentric still available on several sites
I wish that were the case my friend, but I'm sure some brick&mortars still have some. The condiment leaf is the issue with numbers. I just hope after they all are released they can tell us how many of each was made. But then again I guess it makes the collectable aspect of it better not knowing.

I wish that were the case my friend, but I'm sure some brick&mortars still have some. The condiment leaf is the issue with numbers. I just hope after they all are released they can tell us how many of each was made. But then again I guess it makes the collectable aspect of it better not knowing.
I have the pages of two online sellers open now on my desktop and both still have it listed "in stock". So who knows. I never saw it come into stock at WCC since they are one of my preferred vendors and I was watching closely. Maybe it sold out at the shop before they put any online? Anyway, I got my 4 tins so I'm happy.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I have the pages of two online sellers open now on my desktop and both still have it listed "in stock". So who knows. I never saw it come into stock at WCC since they are one of my preferred vendors and I was watching closely. Maybe it sold out at the shop before they put any online? Anyway, I got my 4 tins so I'm happy.
I'm speaking in terms of site sponsors and the big 2. I'm sure it's still out there but I get mine at tobacco pipes because no limit and what not. I only got 10 but should have got more. I only bought 5 Uno from them but a B&M near me had it for around 4 months after release so I was able to add a dozen or so of that after awhile. I just think the whole Sutliff and Per Jensen thing is cool and appeals to me better then say the new 4th generation and C&D collaboration.