PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The second one I smoked was Centinela (Sentinel). This is a pure, straight Virginia. Pouch aroma was kind of sweet and minty to me, quite subtle. There was a fair amount of peppery spice with the first few puffs, I thought for sure it had some perique in it. But it quickly settled down into a very pleasant, sweet and spicy smoking experience. I don't need any additional bowls to tell that I'll be ordering more of this. Even though this has a lot of the typical Virginia sweetness, the flavor is still quite unique.
These two tobaccos have been rather fine cut and will burn very fast. I need to slow down and sip more. This one is so good, that's a bit of a challenge.
img_0427-600x450.jpg

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
My shipment took 23 days from Argentina to Arizona. Toni was highly proactive in communicating to me during this time and I recommend that you give him a try. I'm letting my blends marry a bit but I am looking forward to trying them soon.

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
It's nice to see those virgin cobs from the "I'm Not a Pipe Snob" thread being put to good use. :puffy:

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Bowl number 3, also in a cob, was Choctaw. This is a VaPer and it's my kind of VaPer. Virginia is the leading component and the Perique is more spicy, plum sweet than peppery sweet. As with the other two, extremely smooth and cool smoking. I like this and would likely buy more.
Now on to Regular Mix II. I somehow think Pipestud finally enacted his revenge for me making fun of his beloved Royal Yuck for so long by hijacking my shipment somehow. He poured out the contents of My Mix II and filled it with Royal Yuck. I will admit this got more tolerable as it smoked down the bowl. Or perhaps my taste buds just went numb in self defense. The tobacco is likely high quality like the other blends but the flavor just isn't for me.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Good comments, Mssr. Hoosier. They certainly are not your usual blends.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Smoked a bowl of General Mix Manuel Belgrano and Argeus Mix, both English mixtures. I think these two blends really highlight the talent of Antonio. The Syrian Latakia is probably the lead component with the sweet, smoky flavor but not a Latakia Bomb. The other components compliment and step in from time to time. I've no idea what Dominican Andulla is ... cigar leaf?
Regardless, I really, really enjoyed both of these blends. Makes me sad that Syrian Latakia has essentially disappeared as this taste is far superior to Cyprian Latakia to my taste buds.
Not all of Antonio's blends have been a home run. He provided one blend, Andulla Dominican, that didn't agree with me at all. Still don't know what Andulla Dominican is but when a tobacco blend is has that name, I know I didn't care for it. Doesn't mean someone else wouldn't love it, the flavor simply didn't sit well with me.
I sent Antonio feedback on what I liked, and what I didn't. Hope he can make some other recommendations based on that feedback. He's also commented that he has significant difficulty acquiring some of the components for his blends. Regardless, I will try more of his blends and there are 3 of the 8 blends he sent me I will order again.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank You JimInks and HoosierPipeGuy for these reviews, sounds like unique interesting blends,unfortunately there's no way we can get our hands on these blends due to our never sleeping customs authorities, but thats the life we're in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.