PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jiminks original post would hold me for about two years! My progress is glacial, but good. jiminks is unbeatable on variety and discernment, needless to say.

Reactions: JimInks
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Not yet. I've chosen non-latakia blends which have the biggest number of reviews on tobaccoreviews, Haymaker has only 8 but I'll have that in mind for the next order.

You're off to a good start. I like every one of those although I believe you can find better Red Va than My Red Fox. Haymaker is my favorite Va Flake among HU offerings. A little more flavor and body than Sunset. If you like Flanagan and VaOr in general, I'd highly recommend Joschi's Oriental Sunset and Soraya. Nyala is the best cigar leaf based blend period for me. Makhuwa is another must try. Manyara is a sweet, spicy blend that has a condimental amount of Latakia in it, one of my favorites. I barely notice the Latakia.

Reactions: luigi

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas to me.

5 x​
Richmond Navy Cut Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
1 x​
Elwood Flake Number 2 Pipe tobacco 250g Economy Pack
1 x​
Pfeifen Timm No Name gold Pipe tobacco 200g Economy Pack
4 x​
Vauen No 14 Virginia Flake Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
3 x​
Ilsted Own Golden Flake Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
3 x​
HU-tobacco Krater-Plug Pipe tobacco 100g Tin

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas to me.

5 x​
Richmond Navy Cut Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
1 x​
Elwood Flake Number 2 Pipe tobacco 250g Economy Pack
1 x​
Pfeifen Timm No Name gold Pipe tobacco 200g Economy Pack
4 x​
Vauen No 14 Virginia Flake Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
3 x​
Ilsted Own Golden Flake Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
3 x​
HU-tobacco Krater-Plug Pipe tobacco 100g Tin

I knew I should have ordered the Krater plug.

I have a friend who hates the Elwood. I'd like to hear what you think of it when you try it. I'm curious about it.

Reactions: briarbuck

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Jim I'd be happy to bust you off 50g of the Krater and Elwood for the Holiday's. They're somewhere on the Atlantic Ocean. Hope it arrives by New Years.

Reactions: Bowie and JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim I'd be happy to bust you off 50g of the Krater and Elwood for the Holiday's. They're somewhere on the Atlantic Ocean. Hope it arrives by New Years.

Thank you, man. That's very cool of you. Hope it gets here before the end of the year, too. Waiting for packages is always what we do!!!!

Reactions: briarbuck

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It's the least I can do. You've saved me hundreds and hundreds in tobacco buying "mistakes" over the years.

WWJD = What Would Jiminks Do?

I probably shouldn't write this, but I probably cost you hundreds and hundreds of dollars, too.

Kidding aside, you know I appreciate the kind words and knowing my reviews help you is a very good feeling to have. Thank you.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I want to order from estervals, but for the discounts, does your account just have to say that you are in the USA (meaning the address you listed for shipment), or does the IP address have to actually be in the USA? I currently live in South Korea but would love to get a shipment to my residence back home.

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
I want to order from estervals, but for the discounts, does your account just have to say that you are in the USA (meaning the address you listed for shipment), or does the IP address have to actually be in the USA? I currently live in South Korea but would love to get a shipment to my residence back home.
Just try it. If it works the discounts are obvious. Look for 450g boxes of Capstan people not getting the discount can’t see it. Remember you may not get it initially. Either wait a day or two or email them.

Reactions: JMcQ and briarbuck

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Got these today: a tin each of GLP Gaslight, GLP Montgomery, GLP Piccadilly, Low Country Cooper, C&D Junkyard Dawg, and Firestorm. Also, healthy sized samples of G&H Brown Flake Unscented, Peter Heinrichs No. 51 (can’t find any info in this blend), Country Squire Hunting, Country Squire Parsons Blend, and GLP Penny Farthing.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I'm not sure if the discounts are related to being in the USA or not. Create an account and log in. Then you'll know for yourself. You only see the discounted prices when you are logged in.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Belated birthday presents and early Christmas presents from a good friend:
A medium bend black sandblasted IPSD 2016 Mark Tinsky book keeper 5 with a square shank and a black acrylic saddle stem with a cream colored accent.

A slight bent black sandblasted PSF.UK 2015 POTY Chris Askwith Prince 5 with a tapered black acrylic stem with a flared bit.

Two pounds of Art’s Virginia which can’t be made any more since McClelland’s tobaccos were used to make. A couple of ounces or so each of Bald Headed Teacher and 1970s Walnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.