PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim, I would also share my thanks with you for your quality reviews. They have been invaluable to me in narrowing down what to choose out of broad categories, or determining what the differences between similar sounding products might be. I’ve mainly stuck with popular blends that you have given four stars, and it hasn’t steered me wrong yet.

I always appreciate that your reviews are descriptive and factual, and that they steer mostly away from statements of opinion that aren’t helpful.

You’ve obviously put many hours and years into the volumes of reviews you’ve written, it’s very appreciated and it’s been a great help.
I greatly thank you for your very kind words. I have devoted many thousands of hours to doing reviews, so it's pleasing to know they've been helpful to some.

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Thank you for the review. It convinced me that I had to try it.
I am halfway through the first tin and I cannot stop smoking it. I like it in briar and even more in corncobs.
I think that this is a tobacco that may be appreciated more by those who, like me, smoke mainly Virginia's but do not mind trying something different from time to time, than by Latakia lovers.
Super easy to pack and smoke. In spite of the presence of fired tobacco I find that it does not leave a detectable ghost even after a couple of bowls.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Thank you for the review. It convinced me that I had to try it.
I am halfway through the first tin and I cannot stop smoking it. I like it in briar and even more in corncobs.
I think that this is a tobacco that may be appreciated more by those who, like me, smoke mainly Virginia's but do not mind trying something different from time to time, than by Latakia lovers.
Super easy to pack and smoke. In spite of the presence of fired tobacco I find that it does not leave a detectable ghost even after a couple of bowls.
Tried another bowl yesterday - was enjoying it so much I stayed out longer in the quickly chilling evening air than I probably should have, lol.

java3

Lurker
Jan 13, 2018
I thank you for another outstanding review Jim. You have always done such a good job reviewing all of our tobacco products that you are saving countless hours for all of us pipe smokers. I was wondering if I may ask you for a recommendation for a tobacco that I just opened that is no longer available to us. It Dunhill's Standard Mixture Mellow. The interplay of the Turkish tobaccos and the Virginia leaf have won me over and if you have a suggestion about a close replacement I would just love to hear about your thoughts. Happy Holidays Jim, to you and yours.

Pipe Collector 34 aka Java3

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I thank you for another outstanding review Jim. You have always done such a good job reviewing all of our tobacco products that you are saving countless hours for all of us pipe smokers. I was wondering if I may ask you for a recommendation for a tobacco that I just opened that is no longer available to us. It Dunhill's Standard Mixture Mellow. The interplay of the Turkish tobaccos and the Virginia leaf have won me over and if you have a suggestion about a close replacement I would just love to hear about your thoughts. Happy Holidays Jim, to you and yours.

Pipe Collector 34 aka Java3
Thank you for the kind words. I'm pleased to be of help and that my reviews do that for you.

Off hand, I can't think of anything in current production that's quite like Standard Mixture Mellow, and I don't believe there is one. Perhaps Georgetown Councilman would be to your liking, though there are some differences.

Happy holidays to you and your family!