PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The grassy, citrusy Virginia forms the base for the other components to shine, and I consider it to be a team player. The lightly smoky, woody sweet and floral Katerini also has a spice note as an important supporting player, though it doesn’t over take the other varietals. The nutty, woody, earthy, lightly sweet burley and the woody, nutty, dry and mildly spicy dark fired Kentucky are condiments. The overall spice level is fairly mild. The unsweetened black cavendish provides a little smoothing brown sugar. The raisiny, plummy, lightly spicy perique mostly plays a background role. The strength is just past medium and the taste level is a hair past that. The nic-hit is in the center of mild to medium. No chance of bite or harshness, and has no rough edges. Burns cool, clean, and a little slow as plug tobaccos will do. The nuanced flavors are very consistent from start to finish which is a hallmark of a well blended product. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires some relights. Has a pleasant after taste. Not quite an all day smoke, but it is certainly repeatable.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Jim, I could smoke this stuff exclusively. It's fun to see how each of us taste things differently.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I agree with you. Tells a lot about individual body chemistry and personal preferences. Your review was very good, and informative.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Good review. I'll have to try this one as it sounds right up my alley. BTW, I was in a band called Kadath in the late 80's early 90's. They are running out of names seemingly. :)

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
It's curious to see blends named after ol' HPL's creations. One would almost be scared to smoke them for the off chance they might drive one mad. ;)

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
:worship: Thanks Jim. :wink:
I haven't really picked up on the traditional C&D Grassy/Citrus Virginia note in this one, or Mad Fiddler. More in the bready column for me. Although I've smoked these primarily in a Meerschaum. In a cob the cigar quality of Mad Fiddler is more apparent but still mild.

Status
Not open for further replies.