PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
1674205126498.png

Upon his passing, Jim's tongue will be studied by scientists to catalog the superior taste bud genetics.
Then, the tongue will be passed on to the highest grossing tobacco producer at the beginning of each year, where it will be wired into a special harness connected to tobaccoreviews.com, where it will continue to bang out reviews in Morse code.

1674205360436.png

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
View attachment 195866

Upon his passing, Jim's tongue will be studied by scientists to catalog the superior taste bud genetics.
Then, the tongue will be passed on to the highest grossing tobacco producer at the beginning of each year, where it will be wired into a special harness connected to tobaccoreviews.com, where it will continue to bang out reviews in Morse code.

View attachment 195867
If this was the Secret Santa thread we'd be discussing having it rendered and used to top a "Mr. Jim's Memorial All Day Smoke For The Veteran" --- but it's not, so we won't! puffy

And, more congrats to Jim and wondering what 3001 will be and whether it will be just another review or if something special is in the works?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
If this was the Secret Santa thread we'd be discussing having it rendered and used to top a "Mr. Jim's Memorial All Day Smoke For The Veteran" --- but it's not, so we won't! puffy

And, more congrats to Jim and wondering what 3001 will be and whether it will be just another review or if something special is in the works?
It'll be Presbyterian Ordained, a matured bright Va. flake. It'll go on sale on the 24th. I'm smoking my first bowl of it now.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I thank everybody for all the kind words of support and the humor as well. The truth is that without those I traded with over the years, those who kindly gifted me tobacco, and the companies who sent me blends to review, I'd never reviewed so many of them. I thank all of you for that, and large or small, all of you deserve a piece of what I have done. I offer my profound gratitude to all of you for the friendship and inspiration to continue reviewing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Few tobacco blend reviewers are as fun to read as jiminks, for his tireless and discerning taste buds that can pick out five or six, or six or eight flavors, where I might suss out one or two. It's a high wire act of sensory sensitivity. I'll read a review of a blend I'm pretty sure I won't order just for the joy of reading its inner secrets revealed.

When people comment on my high number of posts, I always said that on a clear day I can spot the tail lights of jiminks number of posts far in the distance ahead.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Three Nuns. The VaPer version is my all time favorite smoke. In fact, I used to smoke 4-5 bowls of it a day. I'm just glad I still have some of the old stuff to open a tin every New Year's Day.

It's also my favorite review and my longest one because I did my history smoking it, noting the changes over time. I prefer one paragraph reviews, but some blends call for more information.

There's a bunch of blends that change as you go through it, and I couldn't possibly list or remember them all at this point. I do find there's a little inconsistency in most crumble cakes. I think that's common due to how they are processed.

There's a lot of blends I'd like to review. Never smoked a Nording blend. Only smoked one Ashton Blend. I've missed out on a lot of McClelland, Sutliff, C&D, Dunhill clones, etc. There's a lot more, I'm sure.
Thanks Jim! I count on your reviews when deciding what to try!