PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Smoked Granpa's Next Generation + City of Roses in small a small rough carved billiard. Finish with nightcap of Boars Head in a Sir Scott long Canadian.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
mlaug said: Its a terrible tobacco. Just awful. I have no idea why I'm hanging on to it and doling it out like it was a precious commodity. Imagine trying to smoke a strawberry Slurpee...while the local Fire Department hoses your pipe down with water. Every time you open your mouth to take a breath someone shoots strawberry cough syurp down your throat. I actually paid good money to have this experience in my pipe. This should cement everyone's low opinion of any tobacco recommendations I might ever make in the future. Lane should be ashamed of themselves.

I damn near spewed my hard cider all over the computer when I read this description! I'll NEVER try that Lane Strawberry blend now. Not that I'l ever find it... Hilarious!
Hey Lawrence, we only have one day left how many until we break last month's record? Or did we already?
Anyway, it's Harvey's Blend (a horrible 1-Q knock-off... OK it is a decent smoke but nowhere near as good as 1-Q) in my Grabow Royal Duke.
Not looking forward to Monday...
-Jason

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Thanks Cortezattic. The brickwork is coloring, with the spacing in between

the bricks showing color, while the bricks display the patina that age brings.

For now, it's Murdock's Pipe in the Pete Original. Best to all.

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/fred/album/picture/504

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
A mix of Dan Blue Note and Town Topic. It smells like I just ate a stack of pancakes.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Re the Bekler Sea Wall, Fred reports:
the spacing in between the bricks showing color,
Great! I was hoping that's how it would evolve. That pipe is gonna be a knock-out! :wink:

You know, it's occurring to me that the art of the meerschaum is not only to produce a pleasing form, but a form that will eventually work with the coloring. To envision or predict that, and control accomodate it, is a big part of the art.
G&H's Curley Cut Regular in a Savinelli Pisa bulldog, followed by

Rattray's Hal O'the Wynd in a Peterson Donegal Rocky bulldog.

Status
Not open for further replies.