PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I have no self-control. If I have a PAD/TAD fund that is supposed to last three months, you can bet it will last about one and I'll be spending those other two months trying to figure out ways to raise more funds. Usually by a month later I have put together some more funds and can buy more. Well, I am in the process of restoring and listing some of the pipes to replenish and, wouldn't you know it, a fantastic pipe comes up for a bargain price. I mentioned it to the wifey who has much more self-control, and consequently more money left, and she bought it. It'll probably be squirreled away for a birthday or other gift long enough in the future I will have forgotten about it but that is not a problem :) . I do believe I will be doing some extra chores and romantic thingies for her in the weeks to come. I have a truly thoughtful wifey and she deserves whatever I can do to show her I appreciate her. Plus I get to brag on her a bit too.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Sounds much like my house, same thing on a budget. I try and restore pipes and sell them to pay for more pipes or tobacco and that helps a little.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
a fantastic pipe comes up for a bargain price
You know you are going have to do a little better than that. I am assuming that you can't show a pic of it since she has squirreled it away but at least tell us what kind of pipe it is.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Congrats. That is a nice gesture from your wife. A couple months ago my wife hacked my ebay looking for a "buy it now" pipe she could buy for my birthday but didn't find anything "buy it now" so no birthday pipe for me this year

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
You're a lucky man! Count your blessings.

My wife hates my cigar and pipe hobby and threatens to destroy my cigars often. She has never once bought me anything pipe or cigar related. :crying:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice story Captain, thanks for sharing!
It's a wonderful thing to have your hobby/addiction supported by your #1 fan and partner.
Way to go!
-- Pat

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Captain, we are truly blessed with good, understanding wives. I don't know about you, but everyday I wonder what I did to deserve my wife (everyone knows I'm an ass). Enjoy the pipe when you get it.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Aww, congratulations on the new pipe, and what a nice wife! You are certainly lucky to have such a supportive partner, I know that not everyone is so blessed.

Aug 1, 2012
Captain, we are truly blessed with good, understanding wives. I don't know about you, but everyday I wonder what I did to deserve my wife (everyone knows I'm an ass).
This is absolutely true. I still can't fathom how she puts up with me much less why she feels like being extra nice.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I've been using the "If you want me to quit cigs then I am going to be needing that pipe and those tobaccos". I am running out of excuses quickly. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.