PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Peck I'm going to compare the price over shipping plus the risk of ordering so much over multiple orders. Anyone know if I can have an order delivered to my hotel in buffalo? That way I get online shipping and no delivery fees.
I ship business related items to my hotels all the time with no problems. Just clearly state "guest" after your name in the delivery field. As far as your issue, I am not sure how the online vendors will deal with a credit card that has a Canadian billing address. I believe the billing address is the address of record for ordering....

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the info Rick, I don't even care if I have to pay shipping, just that I can get the shipment there. I'll call SmokingPipes or 4Noggins to see what they say.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have placed an order with SP in the past and had them ship it to a friends house in the States where I was going to visit. There was no issue what so ever from SP. Not sure about hotels, but I do not think it would be an issue for them to receive a package for you.
Only note is SP's shipping within the US is lightning fast compared to how long it takes their packages to reach Canada.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Sigh. Was planning to pick up a tub of Sugar Barrel at some point on the assumption that it would be around for a good long while yet - now I have to wait and see if there's any in stock next payday... :|

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
And here I was just thinking about ordering a tub of Sugar Barrel to add to my aros, trying to give them some more body. Anyone have any suggestions as to other cheap blends I could do that with?

May 31, 2012
...talking 'bout Carter Hall,

dig this psychedlic 'n swingin' commercial from '71

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua86jlgtKBs

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I've been really enjoying Sugar Barrel & PS Turkish combined. Pretty dammed good and very little bite! I'm sooo sad!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Order up the sugar barrel now gents, I'm sure it's it's still in stock at the retailers they're just not making any more.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I just got off the phone with John Middleton tobacco, and they are unaware that any blends, including Walnut and Sugar Barrel, are being phased out!?!?

Now I'm really confused!!!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Pipes&Cigars.com has a note on both Sugar Barrel and Middleton's Cherry Mixture to this effect...
*** This product has been Discontinued by the Manufacturer. We have searched high and low to buy all/any available product we could get our hands on. If you would like an alternative suggestion please give us a call.***

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I just picked up a tub of SB for a non-inflated price; it's out there, but this is still just plain sad. Hopefully somebody will come up with a replacement bulk blend before I run out. Still debating on the Walnut...

Status
Not open for further replies.