It's Finally Happened - First Artisan Pipe - Larrysson Pipe!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
After all these years, I'll finally own a real, honest to goodness, hand-made pipe!
Larrysson pipes has one on the bench for me as I type, and I'm really excited. For those who didn't know, he had taken a break for some time, but is back at it.
From what I understand, his website has had a bit of a revamping as well.

Larrysson Pipes Website
I'll of course post some pictures when I have the pipe, but couldn't wait to brag, now that I'll finally have something to brag about!
Who else here has one of his beautiful pieces?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on your new commission. I am sure it will be awesome. I have been watching his pipes for years and he has always made some great looking pipes for very reasonable prices.

You just had to show a link to his site didn't ya. There are 2 pipes I would buy in a heartbeat if they had vulcanite stems. The first 2 Dublins are awesome. I am going to contact him to see if he will make new stems for them. Damn they are pretty.

May 4, 2015
Yeah, I am going for something very similar to the first ring-grain Dublin, which I absolutely love.
His blasts are fantastic, and I've heard his stem cutting is perfect.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I emailed him and he already got back to me. He said he can do vulcanite and I am just waiting to hear how much the pipes weigh. He is getting back to me tomorrow morning. I might go for the Ring Grain and the Full Bent dublins if the weights are in my range. They are gorgeous.

May 4, 2015
I kid of course - I absolutely would buy both of those pipes in a heartbeat. They're right in my wheelhouse as well, and I especially like the black cherry stain.
I hope for your sake the weights are to your liking!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Great great choice! Had I not given up pipe buying, a Larrysson would definitely be on my list. Congrats! :clap:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Had I not given up pipe buying...

:rofl:

Congrats, Tom!
jay-roger.jpg

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Looked at the website...that tree stump pipe is really nice.

Oh no!

May 4, 2015
I appreciate the tree pieces for sure, though they're not my cuppa. Just amazed at the versatility going from more classic shapes to those sorts of things and everything in between. Flawless.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Just amazed at the versatility going from more classic shapes to those sorts of things and everything in between. Flawless.
That's how you can tell he's the real deal.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Indeed. I searched for a few years before I settled on Bruce Weaver for my commissions. Careful, you may have started a regular thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.