PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
For the first time in two weeks since being over covid I can actually enjoy what I'm smoking! No more burnt plastic and tooth paste taste in my mouth when I light up and smoke! Tonight I lit up some C&D from beyond ( still trying to pick out all the flavors in this one ) in my lovely stanwell pipe. Since it's cooled down here in Florida and there's almost no humidity right now I decided to light up some Cavendish in the woods in a corn cob. Absolutely delicious. And now here I am getting my fill of some Latakia with some Maltese falcon in one of my favorite pipes. I'm in pipe heaven lol. Damn it's good to be back!

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Been having ton of minor health issues. Definitely suck when tobacco tastes like crap.
Sorry to hear that brother. Prayers for your speedy recovery. At one point the thought crossed my mind that this is just how tobacco is going to taste from now on and I might have to get used to it. So glad I can enjoy it again. The crazy thing is when I smoke cigars they tasted fairly normal but just about any pipe tobacco blend was awful.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
For the first time in two weeks since being over covid I can actually enjoy what I'm smoking! No more burnt plastic and tooth paste taste

Absolutely delicious. I'm in pipe heaven lol. Damn it's good to be back!
Happy Days ! ?

Congratulations and to paraphrase a much-missed member "Keep it smoky". puffy

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
Wallace, NC (near the coast)
Good for you and glad you're out of your Vovid 19 scare, and still with us. I believe Bradley of Stuff & Things on YouTube is doing an HP Lovecraft series of blends that may be connected to C&D. Interesting tobacco I've never heard of, but sounds very interesting and unique... I'm going to try one. I forgot the 2 names of blends, but you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. Give you something to look forward to. Best, LeRoy

Reactions: That Guy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm so glad you are on the mend and tasting things again. That virus is a nasty devil. Viruses are weird anyway, not alive and able to replicate themselves except when they inhabit a living body where they reproduce. They are the true zombie proteins. Take good care of yourself from here. Use every precaution.

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Thanks guys I appreciate the kind remarks. For those who wonder what covid was like for me it just started out as chills in the middle of night. Then mild flu like symptoms and a constant headache. The worst part was around day 5 my ears started plugging up and I had fluid on my ears which causes dizziness and vertigo. Because of this I completely lost my appetite and probably didn't eat for 5 days. Of course I was one of the lucky ones who lost my smell and taste so when I was able to eat everything was just nasty. After testing negative I still had fluid on my ears and fatigue for about 2 weeks and honestly that was the worst of it. It's been 4 weeks I believe and I'm happy to report that I feel 100% back to normal.

Don't let this scare you I honestly have been much sicker in my life many times. I work in the service maintenance industry so ever since this started I have been around hundreds if not thousands of people in a course I've been around several people who have been coded positive. Using common sense and supercharging my immune system I've been fortunate enough to be healthy this entire time. My actual contracting covid was due to working side by side with my boss for 10 hour straight within 3 ft of each other and him not feeling well and not knowing he had covid. He didn't tell me he wasn't feeling well or I would have been more cautious. We had a total of 3 hours drive time to the property we were going to in an enclosed vehicle which didn't help either. All the masks in the world and the shots in the world would not have protected me from that LOL. I say all that just to say please don't live in fear just use common sense.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Thanks guys I appreciate the kind remarks. For those who wonder what covid was like for me it just started out as chills in the middle of night. Then mild flu like symptoms and a constant headache. The worst part was around day 5 my ears started plugging up and I had fluid on my ears which causes dizziness and vertigo. Because of this I completely lost my appetite and probably didn't eat for 5 days. Of course I was one of the lucky ones who lost my smell and taste so when I was able to eat everything was just nasty. After testing negative I still had fluid on my ears and fatigue for about 2 weeks and honestly that was the worst of it. It's been 4 weeks I believe and I'm happy to report that I feel 100% back to normal.

Don't let this scare you I honestly have been much sicker in my life many times. I work in the service maintenance industry so ever since this started I have been around hundreds if not thousands of people in a course I've been around several people who have been coded positive. Using common sense and supercharging my immune system I've been fortunate enough to be healthy this entire time. My actual contracting covid was due to working side by side with my boss for 10 hour straight within 3 ft of each other and him not feeling well and not knowing he had covid. He didn't tell me he wasn't feeling well or I would have been more cautious. We had a total of 3 hours drive time to the property we were going to in an enclosed vehicle which didn't help either. All the masks in the world and the shots in the world would not have protected me from that LOL. I say all that just to say please don't live in fear just use common sense.
"Don't let this scare you" Exactly.
A 99.8% survival rate speaks for itself.

It's the elderly and those with comorbidities that are most at risk of serious complications that can lead to death.

Glad you're enjoying your blends again. puffy

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
For the first time in two weeks since being over covid I can actually enjoy what I'm smoking! No more burnt plastic and tooth paste taste in my mouth when I light up and smoke! Tonight I lit up some C&D from beyond ( still trying to pick out all the flavors in this one ) in my lovely stanwell pipe. Since it's cooled down here in Florida and there's almost no humidity right now I decided to light up some Cavendish in the woods in a corn cob. Absolutely delicious. And now here I am getting my fill of some Latakia with some Maltese falcon in one of my favorite pipes. I'm in pipe heaven lol. Damn it's good to be back!
Wait…it cooled down in Florida? Did I miss something?
Glad you recovered from Covid.

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Glad to hear you are back in the game. I got covid after my vaccine and I slept for 2 weeks. When I woke up I could smell and taste just fine. I fired up my pipes right away and they tasted great.
Yep unfortunately that's alot of what I'm hearing. I'd say 80% of the people I know who got all the shots available at that time ended up getting covid and giving it to their entire family. Glad to hear your doing well. I think I was sleeping 18 hours a day. Not all at once but the dizziness I was experiencing made it miserable to even try to watch tv.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon