New Cigars
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
Sometimes when I turn on the travel channel and they are in someplace exotic like Switzerland I think that it stinks that I am here. I guess its boredom over being here and not someplace else but it is nice here.

Aug 1, 2012
After living on 3 continents and visiting a fourth, living in 3 US states, and having visited over 30 countries...I gotta say that being happy where you are is a true blessing. After all these places, Milwaukee, WI of all places is just as wonderful to live in as any of the others. I will still travel but being present in my location and present in the moment is something I enjoy as much as traveling to a new, exciting place.

That said, travel to somewhere that is exotic to you if you can...if not, go to a restaurant or grocery store that is "foreign" as that can be as good as going to a new country.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Switzerland is overrated :) Just realized that I have to likely cancel my planned xmas trip to Switzerland since they just made a 10 day quarantine mandatory for anyone coming in from DK.

• Wow
Reactions: Winterreise

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Home is where the hearth is, if not move on. Our hearth isn't where we are no, we would like to move up north (covid and working from home only accelerated that thought) or leave the country. We have been talking a lot about moving to another country. It's crowded overhere (CA is 10 times larger with only a little over twice as much people, just for illustration, not that we would like to live in CA), everything is damn expensive without the paychecks being raised accordingly, people becoming a dick to be around with in general and other factors which don't come to mind.
But assuming these factors don't play part in other countries is foolish.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Switzerland? Isn't that the land of the clock work neutral, the nicer Germans and a tobacco company that can never get your fecking address right for deliveries?

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I have always been happy with the comforts of home. I know many people like to see the world and experience new places, but if I want to see those places I can see them on the computer and say "yep, that's it." and I don't have to pack, deal with travel and can do it in the comforts of my recliner.