PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
Apparently I missed the boat on this stuff. Willing to purchase if anyone is able to spare. Looking for 5tins for the cellar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I chased 40th for a while, and had a fair chance at both smokingpipes and 4noggins, but was too deliberative. As sas' points out, I'll likely have another chance, and have an embarrassment of riches in the opened and unopened tins and jars anyway. Meantime, I visited McClellands at SP and picked out another Forums recommended Virginia for aging. I highly recommend the other McC's Virginias; I don't think any of them would disappoint. I'll likely order the 40th blend when it comes back around. I'll still have my (for me) considerable stash. Puff-puff.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
I know this is off topic a bit, but has anyone tried their other special anniversary blend that they have? The original one released in 2002 then 2005? It says just a hint of Latakia.. I almost bought some of that with the 40th last saturday..

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This reminds me of the panic buying that greeted Christmas Cheer 2016 and 2017. The first run sold out and people were paying twice retail or more on eBay within days. Smart gougers, jumping on that ridiculous panic! Then more and more came out. Be patient. This isn't a small batch. I will say that, having smoked it, it's pretty good. Not epochal, but pretty good.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
The "Anniversary" blend, as opposed to the 40th Anniversary, is a mild latakia/virginia blend. Sweet and smoky, not as cloying as Frog Morton. It's tasty.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hmmmm. I'm tapped. Already have 10 tins of it, but just ordered 10 tins of 2017 Christmas Cheer. Oh well, next pay day! :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...and one of our new members was planning to stock up. I explained it's hardly necessary. For most of us, tobacco just accumulates without our deciding it will.

Oct 7, 2016
There is much speculation about this blend, but from piecing together what I have seen as direct quotes from Mike and Mary, it would seem to me that when they have tinned and shipped what they have produced now, this one will be gone. Just how much that is is anyone's guess. Again, from piecing together what others report from conversations at Chicago, don't be surprised to see a 41st Anniversary, FDA permitting, at the next show. Whether any 40th anniversary is left in stock at the major etailers or not is pure conjecture.
I have six tins, enough for me. But my time horizon is, when I am having a good day, five years tops. Younger members might indeed consider stocking up.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
I just nabbed a few more on Smokingpipes, however it is one full cent cheaper at Cupojoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.